What famous fans do we have?

I've played a lot of cricket with Freddie since we were kids at Lancs. He never showed the slightest interest in City (or football for that matter) when we were kids but then Dexter Fitton who was a big Blue on Lancs books until the early 90s got Freddie interested. He's a City sympathiser and I remember him talking about PNE when he was younger so the above poster is probably spot on.
Sat next to Phil Defretas and Clive Loyd in the main stand at Maine Rd back in the day, mind you also set next to Gordon Strachan and his lad.

Menelik Watson - American Football player
Longsight lad and a proper blue, a great story

NFL Draft 2013: Menelik Watson swaps inner-city life for the big time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/21961331

Last edited:
Steve penk ex dj at piccadilly radio , does anyone remember on the match commentary in the eighties everytime a goal was scored they would say ITS A GOAL and go straight to the ground , also he went on to do a few tv programmes of his own .
My god I used to love that on a Saturday afternoon when I was a kid. Music was playing then suddenly you’d get ‘it’s a goal’ or ‘oh noooo’, which 9 times out of 10 was us conceding.

We're starting to get a few international celebrity fans. I don't know remember most of them by name, but I've seen quite a few US sport stars have City supporting tweets.

I remember these baseballers being at Anfield

Here's a couple that are off the wiki:

Although he might just be wearing City gear in the same way some of us may have worn a Real Madrid shirt when we were younger.

I heard him on Talksport one night and he said he followed Brentford. Are we talking about the same fella (YES)

A passionate football fan, Wakeman has supported Brentford F.C. since he was a child, and later on he also became a director of the West London club.
It was his lad who is a blue and his manager (used to post in here, his manager that is).

Wakeman used to sit in G block (side) in the Main Stand at Maine Rd.

In our poorer days you could see him all round the ground with actual empty seats all round him and his big blonde hair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.