What famous fans do we have?

Peter Moores ( ex England cricket coach) Played cricket with him growing up all his family are City fans

Yeah think he came over her for a concert and just fell in love with Manchester
I went to that concert. The guy was only onstage for about half an hour, got very sweaty, wiped his face with a towel, threw it into the crowd and fucked off.

Didn't appear too enamoured with Mcr at that time ;)

It was his lad who is a blue and his manager (used to post in here, his manager that is).

Wakeman used to sit in G block (side) in the Main Stand at Maine Rd.

In our poorer days you could see him all round the ground with actual empty seats all round him and his big blonde hair.
was he wearing his cloak? Hope so. He could of put his array of keyboards on the empty seats and serenaded us to 'Close to the Edge' at half time. It would have been appropriate.

[Phil Defreitas] was definitely a blue, met him a couple of times, no idea about [Clive Lloyd] though would love it to be true

I believe that Lloyd was originally taken to Maine Road by Paul Doherty in the late sixties or early seventies and developed an affinity through that. Doherty was a producer at Granada TV but use to dabble a bit with representing sports people in the Manchester area, using his contacts to get them personal appearances and endorsements in the days before agents were a thing. Clive was one of the people he helped earn an extra few quid.

Another cricket link, though to call him famous may be pushing it a bit, is Vic Marks, who played for Somerset and England in the seventies and eighties. He was also Guardian/Observer cricket correspondent until recently and is still on the BBC roster of expert summarisers. I read his autobiography recently and he wrote that he achieved a childhood dream in the 1980s by being invited to play in a charity football game in which Mike Summerbee and Colin Bell were featuring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.