What famous fans do we have?

You'll have Blossoms fans all over you there LS, they just don't like the prefix "The", it's just "Blossoms". Pedantic in the extreme.

I saw them in Munich, Autumn 2019, small venue full of students, the drummer had the City badge on his drum skin, me and Mrs H were by far the oldest there, a young girl approached Mrs H and asked if she was the mother of one of the band members, I pissed myself laughing, she's old enough to be the Grandmother. Really enjoyed it though, their live music rocks more than the recorded stuff.
Radio X played Charlamagne loads, really liked that song but the other stuff hasn't really 'grabbed me'. As you say the best way to judge a band is when you see them live though.
Blossoms look like they're going to be more 'rocky'than they are (if that makes sense) personally prefer Royal Blood or The Amazons (saw them at the Academy on Oxford Road with my 19 year old daughter, very good live band).
Remember being impressed with a band called The Struts at City square before we beat West Ham to win the league. Kind of Queen,Stones,Slade and a dose of 'britpop' thrown in. Lead singer wore a City tracksuit top. Seem to have fallen off the radar a bit.

Jimmy Glennie (James bass player)
Mark Day (Happy Mondays guitarist)
Reni (Roses drummer)
Mark Burgess (Chameleons singer)
Rick Wakeman (Keyboards YES...he is!)

That's a full band. And what a band!

Mike Pickering on sax

Radio X played Charlamagne loads, really liked that song but the other stuff hasn't really 'grabbed me'. As you say the best way to judge a band is when you see them live though.
Blossoms look like they're going to be more 'rocky'than they are (if that makes sense) personally prefer Royal Blood or The Amazons (saw them at the Academy on Oxford Road with my 19 year old daughter, very good live band).
Remember being impressed with a band called The Struts at City square before we beat West Ham to win the league. Kind of Queen,Stones,Slade and a dose of 'britpop' thrown in. Lead singer wore a City tracksuit top. Seem to have fallen off the radar a bit.
I'll give those bands you mention a listen, I'm a bit of an old punk new wave (more ancient hello these days) having been a late teenager in the days of the Clash, Pistols, Jam, Buzzcocks, and loads of bands no one hears of now. However I like a lot of music and one band I was looking forward to seeing was The Lathums from Wigan, songwriter and singer is a talented lad and it's just easy going indie/light rock, love their music.

I remember Mathew Corbett (sooty’s right hand man) wearing a city scarf in the days of City so we’ll have him an all....
I'm not sure it's PC nowadays to be associated with a man who used to put his right hand up a puppet dogs bottom. It's woof justice on Sooty, pal and we cannot just sweep this kind of thing under the carpet.

Woof woof; )

I'm not sure it's PC nowadays to be associated with a man who used to put his right hand up a puppet dogs bottom. It's woof justice on Sooty, pal and we cannot just sweep this kind of thing under the carpet.

Woof woof; )
You should be careful raising concerns like this in these days of litigation. Someone might Sue.

Fighter pilot, test pilot, NASA astronaut and the last person to pilot the space shuttle, Doug Hurley.
c223r2f9iqe51.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.