What happened in the family stand last night? Liverpool fans ?

One scouser asks his mate what did you get for crimbo of yer maarrr
(Mate replies) a v,o.
giphy.gif

I once went in the Stretford Paddock at the swamp for the game when we equalised in the last minute (Roger Palmer I think) and gleefully joined in with the United fans who were slagging their own team off. You have got to keep your wits about you when in the Home End. I am already swotting up in advance on Burton Albion facts for our trip there. I met an Everton fan near me (block 308) a few weeks back. He kept his head down and I had a good chat with him at half-time. He was just a decent loyal fan and didn't take the piss.
My Grandad used to take my Dad and Uncle to City one week and United then next. My Uncle is a Rag and my Grandad and Dad Blues. They went in the Stretford End Paddock for a derby once and City won and my Grandad let himself slip a bit, fist pumping the air... my Uncle was the one who got a left hook to the jaw off some other Rag! Haha

The odd time I've gone in the 'wrong' end for City away games, often the toughest thing I found was having to act at least mildly pleased if City conceded. I can (just about) refrain from celebrating us scoring cos in my head I'm cheering like fuck, but its when the home team get a chance or score and you're pretending to appear enthusiastic or disappointed they just missed a chance.

This of course depends on if you're going fully incognito as a home fan or if you're happy to give the impression you're a neutral to your neighbours and not particularly fussed about cheering for either team.

There's also the luck of the draw of who you get sat around. I was in the Stoke end, but very close to our fans, for the Cup final in 2011. I'm pretty sure I was surrounded by fellow blues, but apart from 2 smashed Blue idiots who unveiled a flag and promptly got a kicking and booted out, everyone else kept their head down.

I have been in home end quite a few times. Always remember (pre internet) ringing Arsenal for tickets. The woman must have said about 10 times (due to my NW accent) “no away fans in home end” or “I can’t sell the ticket if you are a City fan”and right at the end she said “I must reiterate one last time, if you are a Man City fan and you cheer when they score you will be made to leave”. I then replied we haven’t scored there for about 10 years and I can’t see it starting now... She sold me the ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.