What happens when you die?

When you've gone you've gone. Nothing but dust and earth.

BUT you live on in the memories of those around you. And the things you did upon this mortal coil live on too. I dont believe in ghosts or angels or anything like that. But your 'soul' is the legacy you have left - the love you gave, the advice you imparted, the laughs you shared. All spread around many many different people from loved ones, friends, acquintances, and even strangers (for example a random act of kindness from years before) who will remember you with fondness and a smile.

Look at Big Mal. The happy memories he gaves thousands of Blues and many other supporters. The influence he had over training methods that have filtered down, both individually (for example Buzzer passing on a tip to Nicky in the back garden when he was a kid and now Nicky presumably passing on the same advice to his young uns) and collectively (how they are now implemented throughout football and aid countless footballers careers).
The above examples are merely from his professional life.

Its truly staggering how many footprints we leave upon this earth when we've gone. Far too numerous to even contemplate. Whether you're a successful person or a supposed failure. And thats what we become. We become what we've done.

mcfcliam said:
The feeling of 'that's it' fills me with dread.

Like, when you're gone, that's it, for ever and ever...

Fascinating subject.

and ever and ever and ever! And ever! Forever. Eternity. All of time. Ever. Gone forever. Imagine 10 billion years, then times it by infinity, that's how long you'll be gone for!

Although, if you think about it, the Universe is what, 14 billion years old? Those years passed pretty quickly eh?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
i don't see the point of us existing without there being a point to it...

therefore i think there's something more than just this.

there are roughly 2 million forms of life on earth

do you think we all qualify for the 'something more'

or just human beings?

or only human beings of a particular religion that read the 'right' book and go to certain buildings of a particular shape with people in them wearing a particular (often silly) style of clothes?

Balti said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i don't see the point of us existing without there being a point to it...

therefore i think there's something more than just this.

there are roughly 2 million forms of life on earth

do you think we all qualify for the 'something more'

or just human beings?

or only human beings of a particular religion that read the 'right' book and go to certain buildings of a particular shape with people in them wearing a particular (often silly) style of clothes?

i believe everything "does", I just don't see a clear-cut end in the big picture, we are just a miniscule piece, but like a jigsaw, you don't bin the last piece.

mancityscot said:
I've often asked myself this question, I've wondered about what happens to you when the end of your life comes. Because surely you can't disappear, it wouldn't make sense. You have to keep existing somehow or another, or do we somehow become detached from our souls and just drift off, no longer in existence? I still can't get my head around what happens and convince myself that you will still exist somehow or another, whether it be in heaven/hell, another planet or place or simply repeat your time on earth again simply taking the form of another being. I really don't know what to believe. What's everyone elses views on the end of ones life?

I posted this elsewhere but I can't put it better than Albert Einstein so here it is again...

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modelled after our own; a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbour such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
~ Albert Einstein

It's only your ego that wants there to be something... Let go and just enjoy the ride you're on.

And believe me, that's hard for me to say just at the moment. :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.