What has happened to our country?

glen quagmire said:
Why should british kids who are not muslim, be taught about the islamic faith?

I think an 'awareness' is a good thing as it builds the foundations to tolerance.

However, I also think that that the whole education thing has gone absolutely crazy in ticking boxes for the sake of it.

glen quagmire said:
You are opening a can of worms here Glen lol
My own view is that there is a difference between teaching about faith and teaching about culture. IMO all religion should be banned from being taught in school, as an Atheist I was taught only about Christianity and how great and superior it is to all other Religions. That's not education it's indoctrination !

The Ox said:
glen quagmire said:
My own view is that there is a difference between teaching about faith and teaching about culture. IMO all religion should be banned from being taught in school, as an Atheist I was taught only about Christianity and how great and superior it is to all other Religions. That's not education it's indoctrination !

That's mental! I just wish lady T was still in charge, she's be all for banning the burkah and teaching english kids, english ways..

glen quagmire said:
The Ox said:
glen quagmire said:

That's mental! I just wish lady T was still in charge, she's be all for banning the burkah and teaching english kids, english ways..

599c96af-1b89-4c23-a328-6c21ce4e8ee7.jpg

glen quagmire said:

Why should British kids be allowed to go to Catholic schools when we are a protestant country.

And what about those damn pesky Sikhs

Rascal said:
glen quagmire said:

Why should British kids be allowed to go to Catholic schools when we are a protestant country.

And what about those damn pesky Sikhs

Agreed! Well, apart from the sikh's, i'd keep them as they do a belting balti. I agree with the rest of your post though, well apart from about the catholic school bit, as we all were taught to and still love the baby jeebus, don't we?

Davs 19 said:
glen quagmire said:
The Ox said:

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/3/12/599c96af-1b89-4c23-a328-
6c21ce4e8ee7.jpg
I saw the irony, I just offered an opinion on the question.
I'm too clever to be hooked thanks :)

glen quagmire said:

I know you're fishing Glenn but here goes. Educating kids about all faiths will help them understand why people are different, that people will believe in odd stuff but they ain't all nuts.

There was one bloke on here who said he was scared of lone Muslim women in the full clobber at night. The mind wanders off....

The Ox said:
Davs 19 said:
glen quagmire said:

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2012/3/12/599c96af-1b89-4c23-a328-
6c21ce4e8ee7.jpg
I saw the irony, I just offered an opinion on the question.
I'm too clever to be hooked thanks :)

;.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.