What has happened to this forum

Damocles said:
I love all these self appointed experts threads. In answer to 80s Shorts, it has been slow for the past day or so with frequent errors because we are actively working on it.

royle said:
Either go to phbb.com and pay a professional who knows the software inside out,give him control panel and phpmyadmin access,and let him sort it,there are plenty of other phpbb forums that handle more traffic than this one. (Yes i know its not as simple as traffic alone,but 750 users plus and this site goes down,and with City about to enter the champions league,traffic is only going to increase)

Or just keep this forum,lock it down so no one can post and link it up as an archive view only board,buy vbulletin software,try to carry across the userbase,nothing else,no posts,just the userbase,if it won't transfer i am sure everyone won't mind signing up again.

Yes, we actually need somebody who gets paid to optimise phpbb forums; possibly somebody who has actively contributed code to the project for several years, somebody who knows every line of every file of this software. Someone like me. And pray, tell me, what exactly is access to phpmyadmin going to do for efficiency?

For the record, our site gets 109,000 requests every single hour. The slowdown is on the database side of things now, we now have the web server architecture to deal with that level. We spent all day yesterday working on it, most of the day before and will spend most of today working on it too. I'm pretty sure that this is about the fourth thread in the last 24 hours that I've had to explain this. Only on this forum could you work your bollocks off for people for several days straight and still have them criticise you for it.

From me personally, I`m not critical of the superb work that you all put in,just my feeling that it kind of pisses many true Blues, who can`t get onto the system, as it appears there are too many guests.

blueinsa said:
So now its all our fault?

ffs Damo, that is low.

Plenty have offered donations on here, myself included.

You can piss and moan as much as you like but you have said your the man to fix it so either do just that or bow down and let Ric find someone who can as the problems just don't seem to ever go away despite your assurances that your on top of it.

You can be as precious as you like but as we grow as a club and the membership of this site grows, unless Ric gets these forums to a point they can handle a huge increase in traffic, Bluemoon will become unusable for many and will die a death.

We don't log on here to discuss all things City to be greeted by a general error screen, free or not and that isn't being ungrateful, its being truthful.

Please don't take offence as none is meant.

Did he say "it's all our fault?", no he didn't. He said AdBlock had contributed to the problems and he's warned you about this happening before.

He has just said a donations system would never be great enough or consistent enough to work and yet you seem to have just ignored that and assumed he's wrong. I think he knows more about the kind of money needed.

As for this gem: "you have said your the man to fix it so either do just that or bow down and let Ric find someone who can"

Why don't you go out there and find somebody who 'knows more' and is willing to work night and day for absolutely nothing in return? How do you even know there is anybody that knows more. Coding is a complicated practice and to know a system properly can take people years.

All these people coming around and pretending they know a situation better than the people who have worked on it for years. Laughable.

Take a back seat. If Bluemoon 'dies a death' (it wont) then we'll eagerly await the next big City fan forum run by perfect servers that never crash or need fixing.

blueinsa said:

ffs Damo, that is low.

You can piss and moan as much as you like but you have said your the man to fix it so either do just that or bow down and let Ric find someone who can as the problems just don't seem to ever go away despite your assurances that your on top of it.

You can be as precious as you like but as we grow as a club and the membership of this site grows, unless Ric gets these forums to a point they can handle a huge increase in traffic, Bluemoon will become unusable for many and will die a death.

We don't log on here to discuss all things City to be greeted by a general error screen, free or not and that isn't being ungrateful, its being truthful.

Love you too sweetie x

Damocles said:
blueinsa said:

ffs Damo, that is low.

Love you too sweetie x

And a General Error to you too ;-)

Listen mate i was pissed off last night with some personal issues and apologies if i was offensive.

Keep up the hard work fella and hopefully all will soon be well with the software/hardware.

No worries, I saw it for what it was; an overspill of frustration, no offence taken at all mate :)

God help us come about 5.30/6pm tonight.

I suspect a multitude of guests and users online, and a Rag invasion to rub in the fact they won the league to try and spoil the day.

I hate the arrogant cunts, not just for one day can they have the decency or humility to put a rivalry aside and say "good luck City", nope they want Stoke to batter us and to rub it in.

Fuck 'em, fuck 'em all, I despair at the human race when it comes to football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.