What has the UK become?

So today on radio phone ins I have heard people advocating that

a/ we need to stop supporting Ukraine as we can't afford to

b/ why should we help earthquake victims in Turkey and especially Syria - we can't afford to

There are so many shit stains in the gusset of the UK's underpants right now
I don't think they are representative of the UK population though and are hopefully a small minority. People I know are very supportive of both causes.

b/ why should we help earthquake victims in Turkey and especially Syria - we can't afford to

As ever its a juxtaposition of unrelated events

Its like

a/ why do foreigners get houses

b/ why do we have homeless veterans.

What is real though is that a vast majority of the people in this country are scared. We have people frightened to put the heating on, people scared about their next bill. Families worried about how they can feed their kids, never mind buy them new school shoes. Today at Asda i bought food from the cheap bin, times are hard and they could well get much worse. I am lucky I have a few quid in the bank, but many families do not and live from day to day hoping nothing goes wrong. If you have nothing spare and you have a major event pay out like the cooker breaking, you are in shit street pal, fucking big time because there is no spare cash. Inflation is ravaging the daily expenditure of normal people. My weekly food bill for me was about £50, today it was £68. I do not live a lavish lifestyle, I buy cheap.

As for your instances, of course I would help as much as I can to help those caught up in the natural disaster in Turkey, it might only be a Quid in a collecting tin, but it would be heartfelt. I would also hope all governments helped out in whatever they can.

The Ukraine is different, I have been to Kharkiv to see City play Shaktar and loved the place, the people were wonderful and it was one of my favourite ever away trips. I saw on TV a bomb hit the square where we had been drinking and it home hard that war is horrible.

However I am not comfortable with us sending Tanks there, I am not comfortable with us becoming involved in what I believe is an unwinnable war. It needs negotiation not bombs. It always pisses me off we can afford arms but have homeless veterans and people sitting in their houses scared to turn the heating on, kids going hungry, our NHS in crisis and a nation that feels it is falling apart.

I am also concerned Zelensky is not the benevolent freedom fighter he appears, he has banned trade unions and has an authoritarian streak.

Putin though is a danger to the world, he seems quite mad.

Irreparably divided by Brexit

Economically knackered by Tories and Brexit and coke-fuelled Wall St wankers at the start of this endless nightmare

Now heading to the moral depths with talk today in our media of bringing back the death penalty and scrapping state pensions- proposed by extremist loonies but these sort seem to be taking over the world right now.

Unbelievable.

Now - I have to be honest, I can't stand that we send money (foreign aid budget) to places like India or China - who have their own space programmes f-f-s, but mainly because we should keep the money for stuff like earthquake relief or tsunamis or floods and I certainly think we should be helping Ukriane.

Those people on the phone-ins you mention are out-of-order.

Last edited:
As ever its a juxtaposition of unrelated events

Its like

a/ why do foreigners get houses

b/ why do we have homeless veterans.

What is real though is that a vast majority of the people in this country are scared. We have people frightened to put the heating on, people scared about their next bill. Families worried about how they can feed their kids, never mind buy them new school shoes. Today at Asda i bought food from the cheap bin, times are hard and they could well get much worse. I am lucky I have a few quid in the bank, but many families do not and live from day to day hoping nothing goes wrong. If you have nothing spare and you have a major event pay out like the cooker breaking, you are in shit street pal, fucking big time because there is no spare cash. Inflation is ravaging the daily expenditure of normal people. My weekly food bill for me was about £50, today it was £68. I do not live a lavish lifestyle, I buy cheap.

As for your instances, of course I would help as much as I can to help those caught up in the natural disaster in Turkey, it might only be a Quid in a collecting tin, but it would be heartfelt. I would also hope all governments helped out in whatever they can.

The Ukraine is different, I have been to Kharkiv to see City play Shaktar and loved the place, the people were wonderful and it was one of my favourite ever away trips. I saw on TV a bomb hit the square where we had been drinking and it home hard that war is horrible.

However I am not comfortable with us sending Tanks there, I am not comfortable with us becoming involved in what I believe is an unwinnable war. It needs negotiation not bombs. It always pisses me off we can afford arms but have homeless veterans and people sitting in their houses scared to turn the heating on, kids going hungry, our NHS in crisis and a nation that feels it is falling apart.

I am also concerned Zelensky is not the benevolent freedom fighter he appears, he has banned trade unions and has an authoritarian streak.

Putin though is a danger to the world, he seems quite mad.

a/ the same people who moan about immigrants getting houses and cars and jobs etc is coz people are fucking thick. The immigrants who have homes cars and jobs is because they are entitled to be here and work here. The people they are conflating with that are those who are not allowed to work and are in the hotels they moan cost so much - yes they are that stupid.

b/ we have homeless veterans because the govt doesn't care about anyone who is homeless - the veterans covenant they rant on about is just talk - its always been the same with the forces - probably the best support they get is through things like the British Legion - costs gpvt no money see?

Unbelievable.

Now - I have to be honest, I can't stand that we send money (foreign aid budget) to places like India or China - who have their own space programmes f-f-s, but mainly because we should keep the money for stuff like earthquake relief or Tsuinamis or floods and I certainly think we should be helping Ukriane.

Those people on the phone-ins you mention are out-of-order.

yeah but you wonder who frames their mind set

It’s like the fuckers when brexit was being decided they’d sit in the pub every day spending there universal credit/pip I’m voting brexit cunts coming over here taking our jobs, if you offered the lazy good for nowt cunts a job for £800 a week they wouldn’t do it

Interesting graph released recently showing the trend in antisemitic incidents since 2008. Ignoring the spikes which relate to reactions to Israel/Palestine flare ups, there was a noticeable jump from well under 100 incidents per month prior to 2016 to well over 100 incidents per month from 2016 onwards. Wonder what could have happened in 2016 to embolden racists and antisemites to demonstrate their hatred?

1B6D5E1D-93D7-4489-BD2A-E205F222C1C4.jpeg

It’s a fair assumption that anti-minority incidents are up across the board as well, whether it’s religious or nationality related.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.