What if...? - The Questions Nobody Asked

Hi blues, looking for your help!

People who have seen me posting on here might know I do a lot of 'data stuff'. That is my day job as it happens. So I've started a bit of a hobby blog (it is not monetized in any way, so this isn't a sales pitch).

If I'm honest, I started it more for my own amusement and a place to put my thoughts. It is all about looking at ridiculous hypothetical situations in football, and using data and analytics (which is normally for serious things) to try and spin some outlandish scenarios. The first one is about what would happen if City stopped passing and just started bombing shots from anywhere:

https://www.row-z-analytics.com/post/thinking-outside-the-box

So the reason I'm here is basically to look for suggestions on what I can look at next. Ideas I've had:

- What if Guardiola managed Bromley?
- What if the ball was never allowed to leave the ground?
- What if you got rid of the offside rule overnight?

Would love to hear more ridiculous ideas along these lines, what would people here like to see? Doesn't have to be City related (hence the general forum). Or you can just call me a rag and tell me to fuck off. I'm expecting a mix of both of these responses!

By the way, there's this really bizarre new feature Google has where they will make a podcast out of your article - it's a bit unnerving but quite cool - you can listen to it at the top of the page.
How about if Labour suddenly introduced a law that all sports teams must be of mixed genders with at least five women on the pitch at any time. How would City line up and who would win the league based upon current squads?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.