What if we don't get 4th?

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
I don't know why I am so fucked off after last night. It makes no sense really. A point away at Birmingham isn't so bad. It's quite acceptable in fact. It's also not as if dropping 2 points has cost us the Premiership title. Let's be honest, we had reached a stage even before last night where winning it was more or less gone anyway. We needed something like 37 points out of 42 to have a decent chance, and that was pretty unrealistic.

What I think has upset me is that what I have seen over the past few games - and last night in particular - has got me REALLY worried about 4th. OK, so we are still 5 points ahead of Spurs who have a game in hand. But unless we can stop this ridiculous leaking goals, and get back to playing football, we are in trouble. There's no way we will get 4th if we carry on playing like we have been doing.

My question is, if we do tool it in, what do you think will happen? What do you think *should* happen? We can't go spending gazillions again because of FFPR (and who knows if the Sheikh has the stomach to throw yet more huge amounts of cash at it). And changing the manager is *so* distruptive. That can't be ideal either.

How do you think it's all going to pan out? Or will we somehow get our shit together and start playing decent football? History suggests we will tool it in.

I think that every one is more bothered about the way we drew not that we actually drew on a normal day yeah getting a point at brum would be cool but going up twice and letting a silly goal in then a peno and the lack of performance is why people are worried.

I still think Spuds will be found wanting in the second half of the season.

Dippers have to much to do to catch us IMHO

If Liverpool catch us we'll be some distance away from the Top 4 so I'm not bothering about their results.

If we don't get 4th place then Mancini will be sacked (or at least should be), with the FFPR's coming in it's vital we secure Champion's League football going forward, our plans and our financial obligations will have been based upon this target.

Some people will have you believe that it would be a total disaster, in truth it would be a set back but nothing more. I also believe that sacking the manager even in these circumstances would be a mistake and almost like starting all over again. Patience is the key, from us, the chairman and the owners.
That said I will still be there on Saturday, feeling like chewing my own arm off if things are not going well!!!

Top 4 or Mancini OUT...no chance i could see him staying if he can't get top 4 after spending so much money..am pissed off.

I don't even want to think about it!

Mancini will be gone.
A top class replacement will be difficult.
Key players will want to leave.
Top players will not want to come to us.
The loss of income from not being in the CL will have a serious effect on our business plans.

Anybody that doesn't realise the above and would sooner have a day out at Wembley thinking 5/6th is ok needs to really have a think about things imo.

blueinsa said:
I don't even want to think about it!

Mancini will be gone.
A top class replacement will be difficult.
Key players will want to leave.
Top players will not want to come to us.
The loss of income from not being in the CL will have a serious effect on our business plans.

Anybody that doesn't realise the above and would sooner have a day out at Wembley thinking 5/6th is ok needs to really have a think about things imo.

Indeed. The possibility of not making the four is too disastrous to contemplate.

I honestly feel that it makes or breaks our future.

I would like to see this

Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Kolarov

De Jong Yaya Toure

Silva

Tevez Dzeko Balotelli

If we do this will score more, attack is a good form of defence. We let the opposition come towards us too much hence they make alot of chances and get goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.