What if we don't get 4th?

I think our owners may be begin to worry about how much it's gonna cost to get us there. If they ain't already.

Scareye said:
Some people will have you believe that it would be a total disaster, in truth it would be a set back but nothing more. I also believe that sacking the manager even in these circumstances would be a mistake and almost like starting all over again. Patience is the key, from us, the chairman and the owners.
That said I will still be there on Saturday, feeling like chewing my own arm off if things are not going well!!!

Presumably the owners had some say in who we chose to replace Hughes which they I again assume with some degree of certainty they had no imput into.

Reading what some our posters who have some knowledge and experience about the current owners sense of values and trust in their own decisions for the long haul I would suggest that Mancini will stay on if we fail to reach 4th come May 22 or before.

Unless we have a more suitable person who can get more out of the squad with a couple of additions ( clearly the days of 7 or 8 new faces each summer are gone now for many reasons ) than RM and the owners are supremely assured that this person wants to manage us because he knows he will get trophies quickly and have us in the drivers seat for the title in his first season they will not use the 18 months per manager scenario I would think.

Josh Blue said:
I would like to see this

Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Kolarov

De Jong Yaya Toure

Silva

Tevez Dzeko Balotelli

If we do this will score more, attack is a good form of defence. We let the opposition come towards us too much hence they make alot of chances and get goals.

No width in that team.

Balotelli has showed at inter he's not bad wide at all really.

Anyways...I wonder...how much do our owners really know about football?

Freestyler said:
I'd take 4th now.

if we can get a good lead on spuds, then beat them at home it's on.

Me too. However, I'd never put money on us to beat Spuds (ffs I hate that team, along with Everton, Brum & the obvious, oh yeah Stoke & Newcastle as well).

And people had a pop when I suggested it would perhaps be better for scumbags to beat Spurs the other week.

The bigger picture. As it stands, things don't look great, only in the respect for the first time this season, it is not all in our own hands.

Spurs have a game in hand, have yet to visit us, and have a more favourable run-in.

We also have the self-inflicted annoyance of continual cup replays and a team that is running on empty for whatever reason.

I hear the same excuses, as under Hughes, 'oh well, if we had been asked at the start of the season...'

Fact is, it's how you finish, not how you start. And we resemble a boxer who is ahead on points but is clinging on for dear life, hoping the bell comes now.

To answer the question, I suspect that if we finish 5th, don't win a cup and Mourinho is available, the clamour for him will be so loud that we will go for him.
Then, we will see a further wholesale change of the playing staff, but, probably with a good eventual outcome in the end, as he is the best manager you can have. His record is inarguable and he's done it at different clubs, which to my mind puts him in a class above Fergie. NB If he's available at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fergie retire and Mourinho to go in at OT.
Personally, I hope that we get 4th at least - i don't think we will do any better now - win a cup, and keep Mancini. He is still dealing with a squad which isn't all of his making and I believe that, given time, he too will be able to take us where we want to be. I like him. everybody has their ups and downs, makes the odd mistake, and i think he knows where he's slipped up ( Vieira) and although we're a little down right now, we're still 3rd in the league.
He is learning about the squad and the premier league still. he's had a year. we are having a bit of a dip in form but hopefully we will pick up again soon. If form hadn't dipped in the last month, we'd still be 2nd and you probably wouldn't even be asking the question! ( Fickle bunch aren't we. ) Ultimately, his style of footie isn't that different from Mourinho's and, if it gets us trophies wthin a year or 2 more, and top 2/3 regularly, that will do for me.

I'd certainly take 4th now. I just hope to God we can get our shit together and press on and get it.

And if the unthinkable happens and we don't, then I hope and pray we don't end up sacking Mancini and starting again. That would be a complete and utter disaster. Personally, I think Mancini is safe until Christmas, no matter what. But I hope our owners' resolve and patience doesn't need to be tested.

kippaxblue76 said:
Josh Blue said:
I would like to see this

Hart

Richards Kompany Toure Kolarov

De Jong Yaya Toure

Silva

Tevez Dzeko Balotelli

If we do this will score more, attack is a good form of defence. We let the opposition come towards us too much hence they make alot of chances and get goals.

No width in that team.

With no Johnson for the next three months, the option for width has sadly gone unless we want the return of SWP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.