What if we don't get 4th?

A few bad results and a mild panic seems to be taking hold. There is a long way yet to go and our finishing position will not be determined by the last couple, or the next couple, of games.

We have a very strong squad and a very experienced management team, imagine the results that Chelsea have just had and the home defeats that Asenal have sufferred, United have had a few draws too.

There are a few short memories on here, I have previously only dreamt of being third in February.

Stay calm and carry on.

If we dont get at least 4th it will be down to 3 reasons

jo
viera
and failure to bring in decent cover in the window

all rm decisions

Rodney said:
A few bad results and a mild panic seems to be taking hold. There is a long way yet to go and our finishing position will not be determined by the last couple, or the next couple, of games.

We have a very strong squad and a very experienced management team, imagine the results that Chelsea have just had and the home defeats that Asenal have sufferred, United have had a few draws too.

There are a few short memories on here, I have previously only dreamt of being third in February.

Stay calm and carry on.

its not so much the results that are bothering me.....its the way wer are playing and to be honest we are playing very poorly.

If we had played well and got a 2-2 draw at birmingham then id say fine..we were unlucky but we were rubbish....jusr as we were against villa and got nothing as well.....since xmas the performances (regardless of the results) have been very very poor.....we lack ambition and drive going forward. we lack real creativity, we are on paced (slow) and we dont have a plan B cause RM has got rid of all his options

People do realise that 4th may not be enough don't they? If Spuds win the Champions League and we finish 4th, then we won't get into the CL as I understand it. I believe rules were changed that mean the winners are in it the following year meaning they would take the place of the 4th Placed team. 3rd for me or better! Ok Spud may not win the thing but I still want 3rd, nothing less will do.

simon23 said:
Rodney said:

Stay calm and carry on.

its not so much the results that are bothering me.....its the way wer are playing and to be honest we are playing very poorly.

If we had played well and got a 2-2 draw at birmingham then id say fine..we were unlucky but we were rubbish....jusr as we were against villa and got nothing as well.....since xmas the performances (regardless of the results) have been very very poor.....we lack ambition and drive going forward. we lack real creativity, we are on paced (slow) and we dont have a plan B cause RM has got rid of all his options

I was just about to reply to Rodney saying exactly this, but I see you have already.

When you play badly and win, everyone says well that was crap, but happy to have got the points, so all is well. When you play well and lose, people by and large can see that you were unlucky and because you are playing well they are confident that wins will follow.

But when you are playing badly and losing, that's when it's worrying. Look what happened to Chelsea when they lost their confidence. The wheels completely fell off and it's taken them months to get their act back together, if indeed they have.

For me, the next game is vital. If we were to lose it, I hate to say it but I expect we would lose at the swamp as well and god knows what next.

not my fault! said:
People do realise that 4th may not be enough don't they? If Spuds win the Champions League and we finish 4th, then we won't get into the CL as I understand it. I believe rules were changed that mean the winners are in it the following year meaning they would take the place of the 4th Placed team. 3rd for me or better! Ok Spud may not win the thing but I still want 3rd, nothing less will do.

Isn't it the top 4 plus the winning team if they are not in the top 4? i.e 5 teams if in the very unlikely event that Spurs won it and yet finished 5th in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.