What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

I believe we'll do fine this season.

Blue Mooning bed wetters, with their knickers in a twist, don't seem to realise just how good we are.

"We must have a striker, we must have a striker... we haven't bought a striker, we must have a striker, we're doomed."

What a load of old smelly bollocks.

Just give your heads a good wobble, get to the matches or turn the telly on and watch our City play magnificent and entertaining football and thank your lucky stars you are not Burnley or West Brom supporters.

JJ
i agree with that also, but just feel that as teams like Chelsea have strengthened and look useful, Liverpool have got players back so they will be a pain again, and not even going to mention the unclean and their unknown quantity, and a recognised striker who can just convert some of the chances we have been wasting would be a small edge in what will be a tough old season on all fronts

If Torres gets to play his fair share of games and is played up front I can see him getting 15 league goals maybe 20.

Grealish gives us another dimension too so although a top top striker would’ve been nice there’s no reason we shouldn’t be even more potent in attack than last season.

Why won't it?

I said months ago that in my opinion signing a top striker will be the difference between us potentially winning everything or nothing
I’m not talking about winning everything, but if we finish 4th it’ll mean the 10 other players will have dropped form hugely from last season, not because of whoever plays as a 9 or false whatever.

Not sure Pep has to prove himself as a coach either at this stage so being hamstrung with a lack of signings in positions that need filling whilst our main rivals strive to improve seems like an unnecessary course of action..

...it was the course of action that the club took :(

I’m not talking about winning everything, but if we finish 4th it’ll mean the 10 other players will have dropped form hugely from last season, not because of whoever plays as a 9 or false whatever.
Or it means we maintain the same quality but 2 or 3 other teams significantly improve

I admire peoples optimism but last season we started completely shit and only started doing well when the toll of playing every 3 days started to effect other teams.

Peps squad management won us the league last season.

Do u think with a normal fixture list that we'll do the same without a striker?

Guess we'll know around Christmas/January time.
We have a striker. People think we need more, or at least another, one, and while I share that sentiment, we have multiple options…plus the new one of Liam Delap!

Glass is not only half full, it’s 80% full.

Or it means we maintain the same quality but 2 or 3 other teams significantly improve
I’m sure other teams will improve, Chelsea the obvious one, Liverpool will have a better season, but we still have a strong squad, for us to drop to 4th is a massive shift of what 20 points. I know the gap may not be as big this season, but we haven’t suddenly become a weaker team compared to last season. I think we’re better for the addition of Grealish and more experience for Torres and the younger players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.