What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

Disappointed we've been gazumped. I'm sure Ronaldo will be fantastic for the rags and has definitely improved their title credentials. As for us not sure whats going on at the club at the moment, it's been a terrible couple of weeks for us.

Perfectly happy to go with what we have and keep looking for an up and coming sticker. Delap could be with us ten years and get a tonne of goals. If we win the league this season with what we have it will be brilliant. Let’s try and do it.

The crazy thing is we have a midfield to dream of but no top class striker. Its going to be some feat to keep us competitive at the top and Champs league.

I don’t think we will win the league this season without an out and out goalscorer.

Yes we can score goals, but the issue is not scoring goals per se as we get plenty against Norwich and Watford etc. It’s the not putting away chances in tight games we dominate due to not having a natural goalscorer, the type that can turn a dominant performance at 0-0 into a 0-1 defeat when we are caught on the break.

I think there will be a few times this season where we say “if we had Lukaku, Ronaldo or Salah one of those chances would be put away”

I don’t think it’s a case of needing Jesus, Torres, Sterling, Foden etc to score 10-15 goals each, it’s about needing them to score important goals at important moments in the game.

It will be interesting to see how Delap gets on and I would look to develop Torres more in that role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.