What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

For a while there was an interesting mirror image with premature gloating from our fan base about getting one over on the Rags, while the Rags were turning on Ronaldo and giving him the abuse we normally do. And now the Board that has brought us Pep, 3 out the last 4 Premier League titles and to the final of the champions league are a bunch of clowns because we wouldn’t take the risk of destroying all that by pay an ageing superstar a salary more than twice any other member of our squad!
KDB gets 400k doesn't he?

Ronaldo supposedly offered to us for 250k a week, Utd gazumped themselves to 550k a week, City were never paying him 500k+ a week.

Ronaldo supposedly offered to us for 250k a week, Utd gazumped themselves to 550k a week, City were never paying him 500k+ a week.
KDB on £380k and Ronaldo £480k I think.

Mendes offered him to City at £250k and the Rags shit themselves!

Football is a fickle world and before yesterday I was thinking we needed a clinical striker in those big games.

I think the fact Torres now is a striker, with Pep praising his dynamic attacking movements in behind like Vardy tells me is our number one option now.

In some ways I think the team selection over the last couple of games tells us a lot. I think Pep likes the attacking thrust of Jesus down the right, looking to get in behind as well as Torres. While Jack on the left is very controlled on the ball, a bit like Mahrez but less greedy.

At the end of the season Torres could well be on over 20 goals and Delap will have become a viable bench option due to his physical threat.

I personally would find that a lot more rewarding than having spunked a lot of money on Ronaldo and veering away from our clear club ethos about developing talent.

It is refreshing to see a right footer playing on the right as Jesus is now. It just seems to give us more options to break a team down.

If we did bring in a number 9 from the last 2 games who would be dropped? Not forgetting we have KDB and Phil to fit in. I would say the chances of a new 9 are gone unless an absolute bargain materialised. Money would be better spent on an upgrade to DM or LB.

I don't think Delap is ready to lead our line, and besides; between Grealish, Torres and Jesus they have 11 points: 4 goals and 7 assists.
In three games (or two, if you consider we lost without scoring the opening day).

Not bad.

I think those figures quoted for Ronaldo are NET salary, ie after tax, as they normally state them in Europe. So the cost would be nearly doubled if you looked at Gross figure (ie pre tax). Here wages are stated Gross so KDBs £400k is less than half what Ronaldo is getting at OT - seen a weekly figure of £872k quoted for that.

I think those figures quoted for Ronaldo are NET salary, ie after tax, as they normally state them in Europe. So the cost would be nearly doubled if you looked at Gross figure (ie pre tax). Here wages are stated Gross so KDBs £400k is less than half what Ronaldo is getting at OT - seen a weekly figure of £872k quoted for that.
One thing for sure we won't hear it mentioned in our press.

It is refreshing to see a right footer playing on the right as Jesus is now. It just seems to give us more options to break a team down.
Yep, there are some defences where the old fashioned winger going outside is the best option. Why, for example, would you come inside against Chelsea?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.