what is going on with people my age!?

A A

Anonymous

so there i was sat in the office tonight and there was a discussion between a few lads about what music artists they are planning on seeing. these lads being around my age 19-21.

they were going on about this jay z and kanye west concert and raving on about how sick it will be blah blah blah.

they were also going on about how good it was to watch some eminem and will i am concerts last year.

then they asked me if i was planning on going to see anything this year, the conversation went like this....

guy no1: "you going to see anyone decent this year mate"?

me: "stone roses mate"

guy no2: "who?"

me: "haha very funny"

guy no2: "no, i've never heard of them"

me: "THE stone roses"

guy no1: "you mean rollin stones?"

me: " you gotta be winding me up? ian brown?"

guy no2: "arrrr yeah he's pretty good, is he supporting them or something?"

me: "you pair of tit's, he's the lead singer".

guy no2: "no need to be like that mate, sorry we don't listen to grandad music".

me: insert facepalm.

i think i might fucking quit my job. shit thread i know but i needed to tell people.

Just different tastes in music, I'm 23 and I don't particularly like the Stone Roses or Kanye West.

kenzie115 said:
Just different tastes in music, I'm 23 and I don't particularly like the Stone Roses or Kanye West.

fair point and i'd never force anything on anyone but atleast they should know who they are.

i was just a bit bemused by it all.

I could be wrong...but there's no sense of "movement" anymore...kids aren't part of anything.

Mods, rockers, punk, new wave, madchester, rave...even BritPop (not quite a movement...but still..)

Everything is just so disposable and throw away...there's no passion for anything.

I think there are just so many "movements" these days, that it's become diluted.

Punk Rock Metal and you could argue Indie are now starting to become the smaller genre's in the UK.
Rap, Hip Hop and Pop will dominate commercial airwaves for a long time to come.

It's all cycles and progression really aint it??

Manchester1894 said:
I think there are just so many "movements" these days, that it's become diluted.

Punk Rock Metal and you could argue Indie are now starting to become the smaller genre's in the UK.
Rap, Hip Hop and Pop will dominate commercial airwaves for a long time to come.

It's all cycles and progression really aint it??

Spot on. Only modern stuff I like is Green Day and Oasis spin offs, have always liked heavy guitar music from Ramones to Zeppelin. Chart stuff is awful!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.