what is going on with people my age!?

bring back smash hits and mike read's pop quiz oh and bits and pieces on the radio 1 road show - they dont call me Dr. Pop for nothing , ive put the hours in

I remember getting changed in the toilets at work one Friday night and telling inquisitive colleagues that I was off to see Ian Brown. One hadn't heard of him and then another branded The Stone Roses the most overrated band ever. I'd love to know why a band are overrated when someone young has never heard of them.

When I was young, most of College were in to MTV and pop music or house music whilst I listened to The Smiths and The Cure. I couldn't give a flying fuck in some ways because I know what I know and I like what I like.

I had the pleasure of coming to Canada at the end of 1978 and spreading the word of punk to all the Aerosmith loving fruit cakes. We had a few Irish lads, around 20 years old at work in the summer. One of them was jealous that I had seen the clash, and the other one was jealous that my Dad had seen Simon and Garfunkle. Kids are weird. that's all.

Re: Re: what is going on with people my age!?

johnmc said:
peoffrey said:
Sheffield?

Exactly. Back to obscurity. No doubt the same with happen with.stoned roses.

Everyone has 15 minutes and all what jazz.

Obscurity? Arctic Monkeys are 4 albums old and still going strong! I'm hoping that's a joke.

Re: Re: Re: what is going on with people my age!?

peoffrey said:
johnmc said:
peoffrey said:
Sheffield?

Obscurity? Arctic Monkeys are 4 albums old and still going strong! I'm hoping that's a joke.

So how many brits did they win???

Loads of young 'uns now have no concept of the history of where their popular music came from.

I know groups from way before I was born and know them very well.

Now it's all branded crap i'm afraid.

And i'm too old to have an opinion and I sound like my Dad :)

johnmc said:
peoffrey said:
johnmc said:

So how many brits did they win???

The Brits are shite! It's just a load of 13 year old girl music stuff :/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.