What is going on with....

Roberto is better offensively than Semedo which is why he starts. I don't really want Semedo but I also don't know if Aarons will be good enough for us in the near future. He's high rated but that's probably mainly due to his nationality and his performances last season in the championship. He hasn't impressed this season and nothing about him stands out. He's a jack of all trades, average at every department. He doesn't have a redeeming quality like Walker has his physicality, TAA has his crosses or Wan Bissaka has his tackling. He also looks quite short and weak, there's no way he's 178cm

I'd go for Atal as Walker backup, he's very similar to Cancelo but maybe even better going forward. Then try to fill HG quotas in other ways, maybe getting Aké as Otamendi's replacement
So you recommend a right back (I presume you mean Yousef Atal at Nice, apologies if I'm wrong) who is quite clearly no bigger than Max Aaron's, after labelling him too small and weak.

I don't think this is about Cancelo being undermined, rather him not wanting to be here anymore.

I agree with the premise of your comment though. Both Danilo and Cancelo were unecessary signings and we should have just stuck with Maffeo as Walker's backup. I've said recently that Semedo just seems like another one of those signings when we could easily just give Porro or Couto a shot, or bring back someone like Frimpong as he's had a great season.

Yes, it's a risk, but you can't plan your transfer strategy on Walker getting injured, especially when he's got such a great record. We need someone that can offer cover for 20 odd games a season and that means we don't need a £40m rotation option again after the last two have become unsettled.
I don't think Danilo was unnecessary, he could play RB & LB and seemed happy being a utility player. He also has CL winning experience which is what we needed. Mistake to let him go IMO.

I don't think this is about Cancelo being undermined, rather him not wanting to be here anymore.

Can I ask what you are basing this claim on? Lol seems like wishful thinking from your part.

So you recommend a right back (I presume you mean Yousef Atal at Nice, apologies if I'm wrong) who is quite clearly no bigger than Max Aaron's, after labelling him too small and weak.
You are correct. Even though Atal is short his excellent offensive capabilities and flexibility weigh up for the height compromise in my opinion. While Aarons is mediocre both in attack and defense while being short, a recipe for mediocrity

Even if he is, if he's 2nd choice RB behind Sergi Roberto (who originally wasn't a RB), is he going to displace Walker? If Cancelo goes, we should go for Max Aarons. Younger, cheaper, English and wouldn't demand to be first choice for 1-2 years, which would help the squad balance more.
Completely agree mate. Never saw the point of Danilo or cancelo. We had maffeo and frimpong (I think, lad who went to celtic). Both could have done equal if not better jobs than those 2. Plus less wages, homegrown/club trained, showing younger lads there is a route to 1st team and if they didnt work out at least they would of had more experience so we could decent cash for them. Look at some of the shit utd have sold. Simply by giving them half an hour here and there resting 1st team players when matches are won and playing against cannon fodder in cups. O'shea, welbeck (that transfer to arsenal needs investigating), cleverley, etc. None would get near our team but got decent fees. Then look what we got for maffeo, frimpong, Lopes, denayer, angelino, Evan's, etc. All comfortably better than the shite they sold but we sell on the cheap because we cant give experience to their cv.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.