What Is lacking?

Tell you what we’re missing… PACE!

Only Walker Foden and Sterling seem to have any pace in our team and we’ve got no pace at all in midfield.

I actually think when you say his team - as in coaching staff, I would open that out a bit & say, team as in team. If vinny was still at the club for example (in his prime) he might have been a strong enough captain/player/ & character, to go quietly to Pep and say.... "boss, this isn't going to work".

Dias is great and all that - but at 23 you are not going to have the balls to do that. The other more senior pros e.g. Kev also come across as people who do as they are told and don't rock the boat.....

I'm just thinking off the top of my head, of what might have been.
You’d expect the coaching staff to be the ones who tell Pep this even before the captain.

We need a top, top striker, a left back and a mobile defensive midfielder. I hope next season Foden moves to midfield with KDB together with a quality DM. I hope Torres gets more game time next season. Maybe a good pre season will tell if he is what we need. Even if we buy a new striker, there are so many games that Torres will get game time. Will Sterling stay? Will Mahrez stay? We have to wait and see.

chelsea defended as if their lives were on the line, look at mahrez,,chillwel was all over him,same with james on sterling, nobody had time on the ball while we were in keystone kops mode at the back and totaly overrun in midfield, men against boys, the fucked up tactics didn't help though

I remember Vinny saying once that if he felt the defensive line was too high he would automatically drop back five yards. Not sure if he ever done that with Pep but could you imagine what Stones or Dias would have got if they tried that in the CL Final.
You’d expect the coaching staff to be the ones who tell Pep this even before the captain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.