What Is lacking?

We need 2 pacy unpredictable wingers that can stretch defences and a clinical finisher. That ties up any back 4 and creates space for the rest. Too easy to organise a defences against what we have right now.

Yesterday we lacked dm and our fast passing and intensity to pull and drag Chelsea all over the place like we do to a lot of teams.if we’d have done this then 100 percent me thinks we we’d have won.

We need 2 pacy unpredictable wingers that can stretch defences and a clinical finisher. That ties up any back 4 and creates space for the rest. Too easy to organise a defences against what we have right now.
We had one but he got dogs abuse.
Crucified even.
The nature of the role. Taking players on and sometimes losing out. It's not for some of our fans.
That, and only having dwarves to aim at.

Would it ever be acceptable for the team to say to the manager, look we know your a fantastic tactician and coach but as a team we would be more comfortable and confident playing our normal system and formation particularly in the biggest game of our lives?

Last edited:
One more thing..
Maybe we need to try taking the FA Cup and the league cup less seriously for a season, assuming the league is looking good.
Play the second string and the kids.
By the time we get far into the champions league we usually look knackered, like tonight.
The way we play, the amount of games we play doesn't help.
Doubt they'll want to try that though, passing on trophies, but if we really want the champions league then its worth the gamble imo.
Agree with this, I think this season especially we should have played the kids in the league cup. Most seasons the final is in like February, so it can be won and then the team can focus on Prem & CL. But not this year.

It’s so difficult though, we had three weeks rest leading up to last night, whereas Chelsea had basically 5 finals in those three weeks (to secure top-4 and the FA Cup)... which was better preparation for last night? The rest or a string of important games? If you’d asked me yesterday I’d have definitely said three weeks to chill, but now I’m not so sure.

We played yesterday extremely wide with Sterling and Riyad, both very fast and it did us no good. We just didn't play well individually and still we had a number of good situations in the box where the final pass or move was lacking. They defended as honey badgers and knew exactly what to do after turn-overs and Pep just didn't give a fuck to remedy that - after two games already lost in the similar fashion to this lot, and then yesterday again. I hope he start looking into playing against back 5, because that became his kryptonite. Tuchel probably saw the games against Villa and Brighton, once you start moving Stones around like an hungry seal, he completely losses his positional awareness and rash decision ensue. And then top it with that front six creating only one shot on goal. The faster this game is forgotten the better, unless they use it to correct the things.

We had one but he got dogs abuse.
Crucified even.
The nature of the role. Taking players on and sometimes losing out. It's not for some of our fans.
That, and only having dwarves to aim at.
Agree. When he's the only one doing what a winger should he stands out and gets abused. It's the non existent one on the other side that should be getting called out.

We played yesterday extremely wide with Sterling and Riyad, both very fast and it did us no good. We just didn't play well individually and still we had a number of good situations in the box where the final pass or move was lacking. They defended as honey badgers and knew exactly what to do after turn-overs and Pep just didn't give a fuck to remedy that - after two games already lost in the similar fashion to this lot, and then yesterday again. I hope he start looking into playing against back 5, because that became his kryptonite. Tuchel probably saw the games against Villa and Brighton, once you start moving Stones around like an hungry seal, he completely losses his positional awareness and rash decision ensue. And then top it with that front six creating only one shot on goal. The faster this game is forgotten the better, unless they use it to correct the things.
Agree apart from the Mahrez pace bit. It's no good beating a player and then having to stop and cut back it defeats the object.

we have about 5 guys who can play winger....really dont think that's the issue.

A striker whose cost will dictate he has to play every game will mean a new way of playing next season.

Or we dont sign one now, wait for Haaland and sign a midfidler who can play in the no8 role to share with gundo and KDB . Grealish seems the obvious choice.

Maybe also a defensive midfielder if Ferna is going and/or Doyle isnt good enough to be trained up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.