rodri- berny
foden- kev- grealish
Alvarez - haaland

3-2-3-2

Walker Stones Dias Cancelo
KDB Rodders Bernie
Phil Alvarez Jack

this is my best team n all, best choice, best eleven
And me, just about, though difficult as I think cancelo has had a very average season and I don’t like the way he and Grealish play together. So I may go Gomez purely to create an overlap at pace, rather than an overlap, stop, turn inside as cancelo often does.

And now I’m starting to think about Ake and Laporte as CBs too. I like how Ake seems to be a calm intelligent head and Laporte’s distribution is quality. So on reflection I have no idea about the back line.

Next season id like to see

--------------Eddie--------------
Walker--Stones--Dias-- A Decent LB
--------------Rodri--------------
-------Bernie------Bellingham----
Foden------Haaland------Grealish

Reactions: kun
———————--Ederson——
Walker—Stones—Dias—Cancelo
————Rodri—-Bernardo———
Foden———De Bruyne——-Grealish
———————-Haaland—————-

Enormous issues at full back. Love Walker, but he was struggling before the injury. Cancelo has been awful for weeks. Gomez is neat and tidy but hopeless defensively. Stones is passable at best. Ake is alright but offers very little with the ball.

If we can‘t get that sorted in January - and I doubt we will - then I‘d look to change the shape, e.g.

—-———————-—-Ederson————-
—-Walker/Stones—Dias—-Laporte/Ake—
———————-Rodri—-Phillips—————
Foden——De Bruyne—Bernardo—-Grealish
——————————Haaland———————

Stefan

Walker stones laporte

Rodri Silva

Foden kdb gundog grealish

Haaland

The only way I can get round the utterly stupid no decent left back option is to not play one. And it's the only way to get Silva kdb and gundog playing in the centre.

Foden kdb gundog grealish are the best supply chain for haaland and Silva rodri can move across in tandem to protect the outer centre backs in the absence of full backs.

3 2 4 1

Cancelo needs fucking off from defensive duties he can cover in midfield for cup games or certain home games. Akanji can cover for walker, dias for stones, ake for laporte.
Ederson can cover/compete with stefan.

There's no such thing as the best XI, not at a club like City and under Pep anyway. Players' form changes, the opposition teams have different strengths and weaknesses, etc. What's best vs Liverpool may not work vs Newcastle, and what's best vs Newcastle may be inadequate vs Brentford or Leeds. Football is a lot more about context, group dynamics, current form, etc. Every tactics and formation have tradeoffs, and even the best managers don't understand all the tradeoffs well. Football may seem to be a simple game, but has a lot of hidden complexity.

Stefan

Walker stones laporte

Rodri Silva

Foden kdb gundog grealish

Haaland

The only way I can get round the utterly stupid no decent left back option is to not play one. And it's the only way to get Silva kdb and gundog playing in the centre.

Foden kdb gundog grealish are the best supply chain for haaland and Silva rodri can move across in tandem to protect the outer centre backs in the absence of full backs.

3 2 4 1

Cancelo needs fucking off from defensive duties he can cover in midfield for cup games or certain home games. Akanji can cover for walker, dias for stones, ake for laporte.
Ederson can cover/compete with stefan.

Stefan?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.