What Is Success This Season?

always tough to balance success. give it all in the prem and champions league, owners definitely will be erring on the side of european success this season i think....first things first though it would be nice to put chelsea back in its place.....still a little bitter over that hazard signing but the community shield would likely help me get over it

Not for one microsecond undermining the incredible achievement of last season, we benefited from Chelsea and Arsenal having - for them - really disappointing performances in the league. Next season we'll have to contend not just with United but with a resurgent Chelsea, and maybe another team for the premiership. If we win the league this season it will be an even bigger achievement than last season.

danburge82 said:
This question never needs to be asked ever again because for every single season we have ahead of us we should be looking to challenge for the title, get as far as we can in the Chmapions Lg (the difference between getting knocked out in the quarters and winning it was about £8m for Chelsea, that's all!) and if we win a domestic cup comp then that's a bonus. That's it. Forever more.

We wont win the league every season. Some seasons we'll finish third. Some we'll challenge and just miss out. Some we'll win. United will continue to win titles, don't ever be so naive to think their success is over. There may be times we go two or three years without a trophy but there will be years where we win two or even three trophies in a season and we might be so good one year where we win the lot. We shouldn't ever flap if we have an off season (it will 100% happen, guaranteed!). We should stick with Mancini and dust ourselves down and go again the season after.

The only time we should be concerned is if we ever look like we wont finish in the top three or we go more than three years without a trophy.

That's it. Enjoy it. Being a City fan has always been great (even at our deepest depths I loved it) but now it's dream land.

YUP

Can't really say as different scenario's would be acceptable IMO.

Finishing 6th would be a disaster but if we won the CL and FA Cup it would be good enough for me (Chelsea). Winning the league but failing in the cups would also be great. We may not win anything as football is an unpredictable sport.

danburge82 said:
This question never needs to be asked ever again because for every single season we have ahead of us we should be looking to challenge for the title, get as far as we can in the Chmapions Lg (the difference between getting knocked out in the quarters and winning it was about £8m for Chelsea, that's all!) and if we win a domestic cup comp then that's a bonus. That's it. Forever more.

We wont win the league every season. Some seasons we'll finish third. Some we'll challenge and just miss out. Some we'll win. United will continue to win titles, don't ever be so naive to think their success is over. There may be times we go two or three years without a trophy but there will be years where we win two or even three trophies in a season and we might be so good one year where we win the lot. We shouldn't ever flap if we have an off season (it will 100% happen, guaranteed!). We should stick with Mancini and dust ourselves down and go again the season after.

The only time we should be concerned is if we ever look like we wont finish in the top three or we go more than three years without a trophy.

That's it. Enjoy it. Being a City fan has always been great (even at our deepest depths I loved it) but now it's dream land.
This answer cannot be improved upon.

Plattlaner said:
Not for one microsecond undermining the incredible achievement of last season, we benefited from Chelsea and Arsenal having - for them - really disappointing performances in the league. Next season we'll have to contend not just with United but with a resurgent Chelsea, and maybe another team for the premiership. If we win the league this season it will be an even bigger achievement than last season.

I think it benefited United more than us,it meant none of the top teams were really taking points off of United,a United team considered inferior to United teams of old,yet they took 6 points off Arsenal,4 points off Chelsea and 6 points off Spurs. We need all three to be stronger next year,that will help rather than hinder us.

I want the league, last 8 of CL, at least semi from both domestic cups and a final in one, and win the community shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.