What is the best video game ever?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AAzkPkiImo[/youtube]
Thief, without this there would be no stealth games this invented it, and the cutscenes were fantastic like the one above which was a huge plot twist that blew fans away.

Other than that the greatest game of all time is Mass Effect 2!

I've played computer/consoles since the first ping pong games,but cant really say i have a favourite, as I get a buzz out of them all but I'll name a few I like..
Fear 2 cant wait for Fear 3
Fallout 3
Doom
Fifa and Pes footie games
and I used to love worms 2 Mr Lardtree rocks

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
People still play the original version of Pacman 30 years from now can you see some of the modern games still being played? I very much doubt it
True, that and space invaders, but you can't really make them better. Modern games rely heavily on graphics, wich are progressing all the time, so when a new version comes out, it's better.

A version of Pac man or space invaders with realistic graphics would be shite!

Kippaxian said:
Superfrog on the A1200!!

Fired up my 1200 the other day and gave this a blast...it's still a great game.

My favourite...bloody hell...the CM/FM series, the first two command and conquers,Sam and Max, The GTA lot( vice city being my favourite)...the list goes on.

I'll pick two...

Online has to be Battlefield 1942. Single Player is going to be Oblivion.

The debate on here for which game is the greatest of all time seems to be a generational one. Younger players, who have grown up with fifth generation consoles and beyond haven't had the pleasure of playing earlier games. Iv'e been playing games for about 20 years now and true-fully there isn't an overall best game. Obviously.

If I have to pick one game however, then it must be Tetris. Tetris is without doubt one of the most playable and addictive games ever made. Its premise is so simple. Trust me, people will still be playing Tetris in 20 years time compared to some games out now.

Some games are criticized as being only graphics based. Well this is ridiculous, because it depends on what kind of game you want to make. Yes, some games are graphically good, but play wise they are bad, and some games look good and play good. But depending on what kind of game play you are trying to achieve can sometimes require sophisticated graphics.

Developers in the 1970's could only work with what technology was available to them at the time, so suggesting it was purely about the game play and nothing else to me is a fallacy. Hmm, having said that, the graphics at the time would've looked really impressive, I base the fallacy on people who argue to me that graphics were not important during those years.

Anyway, whiny rant over, some my other personal best games ever made are: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Super Mario World 3, Castlevania, Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 10 (though 6 is the best), Desert Strike, C&C Red Alert, Mortal Kombat 3, Street Fighter 2, Tekken 3, Hogs of War...and a few hundred others. Geek is my name, geek is my game. ;)

Just flogged my 360 as I keep getting beat by every fucker, even my Dad.

Only game I have truly loved and play to this day on SNES, N64, Gamecube and Wii is Mario Kart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.