What is the business model behind City Football Group?

I agree, definitely needs to be more done to try and appeal to the younger local generation to get them into games. The Cityzen program and all our work in the community is a good start but we can always do more of course. The problem is trying to do it and do it in such a way it can't be abused.
One thing I would do is stop the sale of all match day tickets at the beginning of the season as people just cherry pick the best games .I would have reserved a section of a few hundred tickets in the same block so mates familys could sit to gether and purchase on a match by match basis .I would also limit most evening games to £20 a ticket .wont solve all the problems but will go a way to help

While I agree with what you say, until we have increased capacity then pushing to attract new younger fans isn't really viable as you say they have lot's of other distractions they aren't going to hang around until we have room. Though it's not really a debate for the business model of the CFG debate.
I think it is part of the debate as if they don't keep there eye on the ball in Manchester and concentrate more and more on what is happening in other countries we could be causing problems for ourselves in years to come

The main motivation is to create a new sustainable business model for the state of Abu Dhabi as the oil revenues there continue to decline. They have invested in technology, property, and sports franchises across the world, we are the flagship for the CFG model. The Sheikh has already made big profits on his overall investment in Manchester. This will be amplified in future years in Japan, China, India, New York, Melbourne etc under a single worldwide brand. They are in it to make money and find new revenues to support their nation. Khaldoon has said this publically in interviews with the business media (one was published on here, I think it was Reuters) The suggestion that the Sheikh is a sugar daddy bankrolling us with oil money is totally false. The opposite is true. The press here are either too stupid or too biased to report this.
I am sure they are in it to make money, but the profits from a football club are tiny compared to state revenue. Is it not just possible that a Abu Dhabi based billionaire has chosen out of personal interest to invest in Manchester City? If I were him I would put in charge the best people I knew to run my club which are going to be state functionaries. It was after all only a few months ago that a cousin of Sheikh Mansour tried to buy Liverpool.

I think most of the key points have been made. In addition, having an expanded City Football Group is more likely to retain the involvement of Soriano who is integral to the whole project.

One further observation is that some business leaders in India have close links wirh Sheikhs in other Middle Eastern countries. When I did my MBA, the full time Indian students included the daughter of a Mittal Steel Board member. After graduation, she had a number of the fellow Indian students working with Sheikhs on projects in Qatar.

I think the aim is deceptively simple. The appetite for football worldwide is enormous and growing. The 'istree clubs try to exploit it by playing a friendly in developing markets once every few years and get impressive crowds bur will never generate consistent revenues in that way from the USA, China or anywhere else. CFG have a consistent, permanent presence in England, the USA, Australia, China, Uruguay, Japan, Spain and soon in India. They meet the demand for football for the locals in each area. The business of the CFG is football and the group can make economies of scale. I believe also that more players are contracted to the CFG than to any other organisation....

Thought off the back of this: would United have had the fall from “grace” they’ve had if Sheikh Mansour had never bought us? Or would they have carried on in the same vein of winning the Prem roughly every other year?

It’s key objective (as stated by Soriano when explaining his model BEFORE coming to City and what he had presented at Barca and was rejected there ... and also Khaldion has mentioned this in the past) is to indirectly growing City’s fanbase ... idea is that NYCFC would have its own local fans, and they’d grow overtime ... same would be in Melbourne, in China ... next in Mumbai ... and all these fans in different pockets of the world would then also have a second team to follow in Europe at the highest level, and that would be Manchester City naturally ... Premier League attracts and so does Champions League in all these parts of the world ... what our owners are cleverly doing is rushing what took Liverpool and United 3-4 decades to achieve, is to have that large global fan base ... we’d get there in two ... one decade of our owners have seen success already, now watch our fanbase grow globally and mushroom everywhere exponentially in the next decade ... its a clever way of spreading the City brand globally ... creating new fans without giving them a local team as well was going to take two/three generations to surpass Liverpool, United, Barca and Real Madrid etc. but this way we’re spreading the City love much quickly ... and of course all the other benefits of sponsorships (we’ve just seen Puma deal with the group rather than just City) and scouting and loaning etc work well together too ...

It’s key objective (as stated by Soriano when explaining his model BEFORE coming to City and what he had presented at Barca and was rejected there ... and also Khaldion has mentioned this in the past) is to indirectly growing City’s fanbase ... idea is that NYCFC would have its own local fans, and they’d grow overtime ... same would be in Melbourne, in China ... next in Mumbai ... and all these fans in different pockets of the world would then also have a second team to follow in Europe at the highest level, and that would be Manchester City naturally ... Premier League attracts and so does Champions League in all these parts of the world ... what our owners are cleverly doing is rushing what took Liverpool and United 3-4 decades to achieve, is to have that large global fan base ... we’d get there in two ... one decade of our owners have seen success already, now watch our fanbase grow globally and mushroom everywhere exponentially in the next decade ... its a clever way of spreading the City brand globally ... creating new fans without giving them a local team as well was going to take two/three generations to surpass Liverpool, United, Barca and Real Madrid etc. but this way we’re spreading the City love much quickly ... and of course all the other benefits of sponsorships (we’ve just seen Puma deal with the group rather than just City) and scouting and loaning etc work well together too ...
Agreed.
Accelerating the brand growth worldwide by affiliation, thereby attracting sponsorship across the continents. CFG's revenue will surpass any other club in five years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.