What is the fuss about Spurs?

Tbilisi said:
sam the drummer said:
I fucking hate them.

And me.Always say that if you put me in a room with(no colours!) 100 Arsenal fans and 100 Spurs I could tell you who the Spurs fans are - the ones without any class.

Spurs fans also seem to lack something...

agree.. everybody gives them their backing yr in and out,, we watch them horribly go wrong.. then theyre tipped again the season after... love it,,
coulsonblue said:
gomes, cudicini

chimbonda, king, woodgate, bale, hutton, corluka, bassong, naughton, dawson, assou-ekoto

jenas, huddlestone, modric, o'hara, lennon, taarabt, bentley, palacios

crouch, defoe, keane, pavlyuchenko

Why does everyone think they will finish 5th?

they underachieve every year and their squad isn't as good as ours and they finished pretty much the same standard as us last season, and our signings are much better.

They have the strangest transfer strategies, particularly since Harry the wide boy Redknapp joined them. By the end of every season, they seem to find a way of flattering to deceive.

coulsonblue said:
gomes, cudicini

chimbonda, king, woodgate, bale, hutton, corluka, bassong, naughton, dawson, assou-ekoto

they underachieve every year and their squad isn't as good as ours and they finished pretty much the same standard as us last season, and our signings are much better.

Sorry but think you're looking through blue-tinted spectacles here...

Their form at end of last season was top 4 form if it had been over the season (obviously this season is where it is judged).

I'd also say their team is comparable to City's. Decent strike force (with options available), excellent mid with modric, lennon and palacios breaking up the play, defence a bid dodgy but Harry seems to be able to get the best out of a poor defence often, goalkeepers, from what I saw of cudicini I didn't see any real howlers and gomes improved his form massively to push cudicini out of the first 11 again.

I genuinely see Spurs as City's biggest threat.

The biggest issue is consistency for both, and City have to massively improve away form this season.

Hammond said:
i'd LOVE to have corluka back, one of our best defenders of recent times

i always thought corluka looked comfortable on the ball, but he got caught out by the cross field ball over the top far too many times. wouldnt have him back, would rather have zabba play rb.

Naws said:
coulsonblue said:
gomes, cudicini

Sorry but think you're looking through blue-tinted spectacles here...

Their form at end of last season was top 4 form if it had been over the season (obviously this season is where it is judged).

I'd also say their team is comparable to City's. Decent strike force (with options available), excellent mid with modric, lennon and palacios breaking up the play, defence a bid dodgy but Harry seems to be able to get the best out of a poor defence often, goalkeepers, from what I saw of cudicini I didn't see any real howlers and gomes improved his form massively to push cudicini out of the first 11 again.

I genuinely see Spurs as City's biggest threat.

The biggest issue is consistency for both, and City have to massively improve away form this season.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Spurs have a settled squad pretty much only having to adjust to a couple of new players. One being Crouch who I would be willing to bet Harry will pair with defoe as he knows that's tried and tested.

City will have a new look defence and completely re-built attack so it is going to be all about how quickly the team bonds together and the attackers get their understanding of each other.

i think we slipped up when we never got glenn johnson... he is better than zab-richards... zab to slow and richards is too erratic...
warpig said:
Hammond said:
i'd LOVE to have corluka back, one of our best defenders of recent times

i always thought corluka looked comfortable on the ball, but he got caught out by the cross field ball over the top far too many times. wouldnt have him back, would rather have zabba play rb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.