What is the greatest song ever written?

I always thought Burt Bacharach wrote the most beautiful songs of all time. Stylish and elegant.

Also...I think McCartney lost his mother to cancer when he was 12 and I always thought his tribute to her "Let it Be" was extremely beautiful.

Last edited:
Edward Elgar’s ‘Pomp and Circumstance March No.1 in D Major’ with Arthur Christopher Benson’s words ‘Land of Hope and Glory’.

I don’t even believe in God, but nothing tops that for me.

Top 10 singles of all time from RYM, I'd have a few of these in my top 10 songs. Interestingly all british apart from The Beach Boys, Talking Heads and Nina Simone.

Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 11.31.34 AM.png

Not sure there is such thing as The Greatest Song, but this one has been in my top few songs for almost my whole adult life and means as much to me now I am a FOC as it did when I was a young buck.

It still resonates and holds its meaning, and it sounds as good and fresh as it did when i first heard. And the band are pretty awesome musicians - this live version is so close to the original single version.

Happy Birthday to you. It’s the most sung song of all of them.
I know that Phil Coulter was getting massive royalties for " Congratulations", supposedly the most of any song.
Not sure who was the originator of happy birthday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.