What is the longest drive you've done ?

planning to do San Francisco, to San Diego to Phoenix at the end of Feb over 5 days. Down the Pacific coastline, about 950 miles

At some point I'll do Seattle to San Francisco which is another 850 miles
Did that journey in 1980. Hired a campervan me Mrs Blue and 2 kids hada great time. Went over the border to Tijuana, Mrs Blue took one look and we went straight back seemed a bit too crazy a place with two kids. Then drove to Palm Springs and Salton sea, the fish really were jumpin' on the line but nowadays it is a dead sea through pollution, shame. The petrified forest was great. Recently I drive from Switzerland to Manchester, just over 900 miles. I normally do it in one go but find it harder these days if there is even a small hold up. Anyway I'm sure you will enjoy your California trip some great views along that road.

Holyhead to Monks Eleigh, near Lavenham in Suffolk.
I usually do the 9pm ferry getting into Holyhead at around midnight and on the road around 12:30 am.
I drive through the night as the roads are quieter. Usually have the M6 Toll road to myself. When I hit the smaller Suffolk lane ways the sun is coming up.

Drove from Hartlepool to Wigan to the Chunnel, crawled through France 'cause they were striking and the truckers had the roads blocked. Eventually got to Amsterdam with about an hour to go before starting a 12 hour shift. I really hated being a contractor at times.

A drive I used to hate was a commute from home in Czechia to work in Hungary every Monday morning there and every Friday afternoon back, albeit only 430 miles each way. Was glad when that project finished!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.