What is the longest drive you've done ?

nullabor plain, no change in the scenery for what seems like months, same goes for the west coast drag to the north. San Antonio to Everett Wa, big miles but boredom nowhere near the levels of Aus. Four hours driving will leave you four hours still to go to nowhere in particular. Have a safe trip, ignore the flies, keep the radio on for news of forest fires and/or floods, and don't mention the cricket....but you know all this, just pointing out that monotony is a real downer, for some of us at least.

Cleveland to Myrtle Beach SC area. A solid 12 hours after a couple of quick fill-ups, pee breaks. I-77 though the mountains of West Virginia is always a bit of an arse-clencher.

Used to drive from Sale to 80 miles the other side of Barcalona, 1221 miles. Longest single stint across France was 940 miles.
Picked a client up at MIA early one morning and arrived back later that night after doing over 800 miles taking in the delights of return trips to Southampton, Anglesey and Edinburgh.
Did a road trip around the southern States of the US approx 3000 miles in 3 weeks.
Now I get cramp after an hour.

I'm a riot at parties, honest.

Longest drive was from Idaho to Cocoa Beach FL via San Diego
Driven to Des Moines IA from here many times too, not the longest (1100 m each way) but I80 across Wyoming in early winter is a nightmare

Done Edinburgh to St Agur on the Côte d’Azur and Bruge to Edinburgh. Also Vancouver to Banff which was spectacular. Did a circular tour of Ontario that went Toronto, Algonquin, Ottawa, Kingston, Niagra, Toronto. I love driving holidays. Most recent was Ireland. Belfast, Kilkenny, Cork, Killarney, Waterville, Dingle, Spanish Point, Westport, Leitrim Village, Belfast.

Once drove from Scrabster (the Orkney ferry terminal) down to Warrington in a single day. Took about 10 hours and was quite a tough drive. You need to factor in a fair number of stops. Also drove from NW England down to Chamonix in a single go taking it in turns to drive and going through the night - that was tough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.