What is the point of the officials behind the goal?

WNRH

Are they there just for show or do they actually contribute? Not only tonight with the Ramires penalty where he was looking straight at it head on, but in other european games this season, i remember in one of our Europa League games they didn't give us a corner and he was a yard away from it.

totally agree if between three of them they can't spot the most stone wall penalty then whats the point

They should be banned for loitering.
73683-bigthumbnail.jpg

WNRH said:
Are they there just for show or do they actually contribute? Not only tonight with the Ramires penalty where he was looking straight at it head on, but in other european games this season, i remember in one of our Europa League games they didn't give us a corner and he was a yard away from it.
Nothing they don't give any decisions from what I have seen, just blatter and his cronies feeble attempts to try and prove we don't need goal line technology as we have more officials, more eyes, more seen, the thing is these guys never do anything and if and when there is a controversial decision to be sorted, a pound to a penny it is made by the referee even if one of these guys is in a better position to make judgement

MCFC BOB said:
Bigga said:
They are there specifically for goal line incidents.

Waste of money and time, if you ask me.
Their only positive is that they're keeping goal-line technology away.

Well, that's one way of looking at it, but I'd actually prefer GLT if these guys aren't going too be employed to spot any other infringements in the pen area.

It's pathetic and I'd like a job doing this waste of space goal watching! Can you imagine the training you would have to do for it??

"You must be able to concentrate on watching the paint dry and then we will graduate you to watching goal line incidents..."!

Money for nothing!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.