What is wrong?

mr t said:
cleavers said:
Cobwebcat said:
Disagree it's not the players. Our team was man for man miles superior. It's purely tactical.
Yactucal perhaps, but changing 4 out of 5 of the defensive players to the second rate ones doesn't help. Arguably 5 of our back 6 today were reserves, stupid.
You may think that they are second rate but does Pellegrini? He started Micah Richards against Bayern Munich and left him on the pitch for 90 minutes.

I can only think that he's giving Micah games to (hopefully) increase his value when clubs start making offers in January.

I love Micah but he ain't good enough for where we are / want to be.

We are a soft touch. Yaya shit out of tackles and headers today. Lescott and kolorov are fucking terrible footballers. We are also the slowest team in England. Lescott, demichelis, Garcia, kolorov, nasri, milner and dzeko. All very slow. Micah is dense. We have serious problems. January is huge. 4 in and the same out.

MaineRoadBlue said:
The whole situation regarding our complete lack of effort can be perfectly summed up by a quote from Marvin Hagler, who said;

"It's hard to get out of bed and go for a run at 5am when you're wearing silk pyjamas."

And that my friends is the problem. People only do things for 2 reasons, Love or Money!

It's fair to say that with not a mancunian in sight and bank balances that bulge at the seams, that as hard as it may be to swallow, none of these mercenaries give a toss for our club.

Great quote from Marvelous Marvin,and your post is spot on,I and many others would give blood to play in a City shirt but most of the players dont give a shit.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:11 pm --<br /><br />
MaineRoadBlue said:
The whole situation regarding our complete lack of effort can be perfectly summed up by a quote from Marvin Hagler, who said;

"It's hard to get out of bed and go for a run at 5am when you're wearing silk pyjamas."

And that my friends is the problem. People only do things for 2 reasons, Love or Money!

It's fair to say that with not a mancunian in sight and bank balances that bulge at the seams, that as hard as it may be to swallow, none of these mercenaries give a toss for our club.

Great quote from Marvelous Marvin,and your post is spot on,I and many others would give blood to play in a City shirt but most of the players dont give a shit.

We are a soft touch. Yaya shit out of tackles and headers today. Lescott and kolorov are fucking terrible footballers. We are also the slowest team in England. Lescott, demichelis, Garcia, kolorov, nasri, milner and dzeko. All very slow. Micah is dense. We have serious problems. January is huge. 4 in and the same out.

A few things really.

First thing, our squad isn't strong enough in the sense that the so-called back up players, and by this i mean the players who wouldn't make the starting 11 if everyone was available, don't possess the attributes that allow us to play the same way when we have a couple of injuries. We try, but the pace of play is noticeably slower and this allows the opposition to regroup. So when Fernandinho drops out, Garcia comes in, but Garcia isn't as mobile or as quick on the ball as Fernandinho. Milner isn't as intricate as Silva, so as a result, we create a few less chances per game. If we are going to adopt a specific footballing philosophy, which is what i believe we are trying to do, our rotation players need to have the same attributes as the first 11. Or if not, there needs to be an alternative philosophy, which there clearly isn't at the minute. In fact, it's very difficult to have an alternative strategy when the opposition play with 11 men behind the ball.

What's noticeable is that when Silva doesn't play, we opt to play around the sides of the oppositions defence, rather than through the middle. It's not really to our advantage against the backs to the wall type of teams, like the ones we've lost to, because they tend to have the sort of defenders who can deal with balls being played into a packed area, especially when the pattern of our play is so obvious. So overall, we create less clear cut chances.

Nine times out of ten this wouldn't matter so much if we had a defence who were able to concentrate for 90-95 minutes per game. But without Kompany, we don't. Aston Villa had probably 3 chances and scored 3 goals, Cardiff had a couple from open play which our own calamitous defending contributed to, and then they scored a couple from set pieces which we should have dealt with. And again today. They had one chance and that fell to a defender. We seem to be getting punished for every mistake we make at the back, and when we're making 2 or 3 per game, it's always going to end badly.

The forwards also have to take responsibility. Aguero, as amazing as i think he is (and i mean that - i love him) seems to go through spells where he misses fairly straight forward chances. He missed a couple today that he should have done more with, especially the first one. As a team we do miss a ridiculous amount of chances, and this is probably what cost us the title last season. We dominate nearly every match we play in, yet bad decision making or lack of concentration at either end of the pitch is costing us. We should improve defensively when Kompany is back, and i think Pellegrini needs to decide on who his partner will be long term.

Other than that, Navas on the right hand side isn't working. Teams sit too deep for him to actually be able to use his pace to go on the outside, and his tendency to always go on the outside also negates the attacking use of our right back, especially Richards, who's game is based around pace and power on the overlap. It would be much smarter to play Navas on the left, with Kolarov over-lapping, and play Nasri on the right, with Richards over-lapping.

Overall, we're playing well enough to be winning matches, but much like last season, individual mistakes, both in front of goal and defensively, are costing us points. And my guess is, they will continue to do so because the same thing has been happening for 18 months, with pretty much the same group of players. I hope our luck turns and we start to pick up the results we deserve away from home, but i don't think there's a quick fix to our problem. It's partially luck, but that bad luck is brought on, week in week out, by poor decision making, concentration and composure by players who are supposedly top drawer.

God give me strength......<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:17 pm --<br /><br />God give me strength......

kanovic said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
waspish said:
Pelegrini that's what wrong

Regrettably your right. Mancini was pure City. Mancini was the man, and we let him down.
Both of you should go follow him to Turkey. With the squad we had when we won the league and how everyone talks about Mancini you would think we won the title easy. We won on goal Difference!!! with how much money Mancini spent I could have won the fucking title. His gone people drop it for fuck sakes! A lot of damn spoiled fans itt

Guess what Hughes spent more and this manger could spend another 100m and we still won't win the league he is not a winning manager he is a decent manager when he has a team with no expectations!

We will win fuck all with his management style! He wouldn't know how to set up a team defensively if his life depended on it.

I just hope we squeeze into top 4 then fuck him off..

waspish said:
kanovic said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Regrettably your right. Mancini was pure City. Mancini was the man, and we let him down.
Both of you should go follow him to Turkey. With the squad we had when we won the league and how everyone talks about Mancini you would think we won the title easy. We won on goal Difference!!! with how much money Mancini spent I could have won the fucking title. His gone people drop it for fuck sakes! A lot of damn spoiled fans itt

Guess what Hughes spent more and this manger could spend another 100m and we still won't win the league he is not a winning manager he is a decent manager when he has a team with no expectations!

We will win fuck all with his management style! He wouldn't know how to set up a team defensively if his life depended on it.

I just hope we squeeze into top 4 then fuck him off..

Good call Waspish.

cleavers said:
mr t said:
You may think that they are second rate but does Pellegrini? He started Micah Richards against Bayern Munich and left him on the pitch for 90 minutes.
And he was utterly hopeless, and as a result hasn't played much since, today he rested Zab for him, same result.
He should be playing Zab with the captains armband - we are lacking a leader both on and off the pitch. If nothing changes we'll be in the bottom half of the table before we know it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.