What kind of solutions are there for simulation?

taconinja said:
Isn't that a bit... much? And it's a bit murky. Sometimes you get a stinger and it only hurts for a couple minutes. Dropping down to ten men for a few minutes I think might be a deterrent since it's possible that retrospective bans would be able to be abused in a similar to getting purposeful yellows to sit out less dangerous and less meaningful matches to clear the slate.
Barcon said:
Absolutely, been saying this for a while.
AlthamBlue said:
Yep. 1 game ban for diving. 3 game ban if said dive leads to a Penalty/sending off.
mancjim78 said:
agree then doubled for second offence nd trebled for third offence nd so on
Blue Haze said:
de niro said:
this, it will cut it out over night, you lot will only have about 3 players to choose from mind.
big blueballs said:
This is the only way to do it, view any incidents after the match and start dishing bans out, the only way to stop it
Do I win a prize for being absolutely gang-quoted?

Retrospective bans are not an ideal solution, its often not clear cut if there was contact/if the contact was sufficient to impede the progress of the player even with all the tv replays. You need to be 100% certain to award these bans and frequently you wouldn't be. I like the idea of three mins off if you receive treatment, would immediately stop the fakers.

eshiers1 said:
I like the idea of three mins off if you receive treatment, would immediately stop the fakers.
...yet needlessly punish people who are innocent. Like you say, no situation is ideal, but retrospective punishment is the only solution that comes anywhere close to being absolutely effective.

Viva Rivaldo said:
eshiers1 said:
I like the idea of three mins off if you receive treatment, would immediately stop the fakers.
...yet needlessly punish people who are innocent. Like you say, no situation is ideal, but retrospective punishment is the only solution that comes anywhere close to being absolutely effective.
If they're actually hurt are they really going to be ready to go back in within seconds? I'm only talking about when the referee has to summon the medical staff. Assess if they can be moved, plop them on the stretcher, get them off the field, blow the whistle to start play, and then count three minutes.

Am I missing something about how this could punish innocent players?

taconinja said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
If they're actually hurt are they really going to be ready to go back in within seconds? I'm only talking about when the referee has to summon the medical staff. Assess if they can be moved, plop them on the stretcher, get them off the field, blow the whistle to start play, and then count three minutes.

Player goes down with the slightest of knocks, gets taken off the field, is alright after 15 seconds. He then has to wait three minutes before he's allowed back on the field, while he just stands there twiddling his thumbs. It's essentially a determined period of some sort of 'power play' for his opponents.

What you've stated isn't a punishment for diving, it's a blanket rule for every player who goes down, real or fake. You think it'd cut down on diving? I'm sure a player would happily dive to get somebody sent off, if it meant all they had to do was wait three minutes until coming back on.

Retrospective punishment is what retrospective punishment does. It singles out who is responsible, and punishes them with the benefit of video evidence and committee.

Viva Rivaldo said:
taconinja said:

Player goes down with the slightest of knocks, gets taken off the field, is alright after 15 seconds. He then has to wait three minutes before he's allowed back on the field, while he just stands there twiddling his thumbs. It's essentially a determined period of some sort of 'power play' for his opponents.

What you've stated isn't a punishment for diving, it's a blanket rule for every player who goes down, real or fake. You think it'd cut down on diving? I'm sure a player would happily dive to get somebody sent off, if it meant all they had to do was wait three minutes until coming back on.

Retrospective punishment is what retrospective punishment does. It singles out who is responsible, and punishes them with the benefit of video evidence and committee.
Perhaps a combination of both blended together?

taconinja said:
Perhaps a combination of both blended together?
Possibly, who knows! The one thing I'm sure of is that it'd complicate things massively if they addressed the diving situation with a landmark ruling. Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing necessarily, but if they really wanted to be 100% accurate each time, then video refereeing and referral to video evidence in the middle of games would have to be implemented, and we all know that'll never happen with Blatter in charge.

Christ, just realised I've topped 700 posts. Do I get a free t-shirt or something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.