What made you support Manchester City?

I have to say I used to be a red. (Hangs head in shame.).

My dad and the rest of the family were reds. But I soon found all my mates at school were blues so I swapped. I was 5.

-- Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:33 am --

MCC said:
Through my dad. He was born in London but raised in Sydney until he was 14 and then moved back to London. He went to Manchester University and stayed there. He took me to Maine Road during the mid 80`s and we have had season tickets since 89. I now live abroad but still make it back for as many games as possible.

CTID.

You're one of those bloody annoying empty seats at the "sold out" games aren't you!

my uncle & cousin took me to my first game asa hartford debut 1974, then newcastle boxing day 1976 (4 - 0) colin bells first game back after injury. that is the game that got me hooked. thru late 70s & 80sloads of laughs and tears.
allison 2nd era, girls throwing mars bars into the crowd us throwing them back trying to hit them, Spit the dog at away games, bananas, fancy dress at stoke, just a great time.
Live in spain now since 93 dont get back very often but my heart is definately blue

9 years ago a lot of my friends were on the rags bandwagon. I just hated rags so much so I became a City fan. First it was just to oppose my friends, but then City just grew up on me. Now, for 9 years I'm proud to be blue.

CTID

Not sure, just love the club. It's because "You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own."
For someone born and bred in South East London you may find that a bit strange. I'm 46 now and I first went to Maine Road at 15. Still remember catching the 76X bus from Piccadilly to the ground.
All my mates are Arse,Spuds,Chelski and Charlton fans.
I just had to be a blue.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
My Grandad was from Cheetham Hill and was die hard City, but when he married my Nana they moved across the river to Greengate. My Dad and his brothers and sisters were brought up City and so was I. I'm sure the lads from Salford on here will agree that it wasn't easy growing up Blue in the Eighties and Nineties.
Try living is a house full of piss taking reds through that time. Now that most certainly wasn't easy.

I'm getting payback now though :-)

I doubt anyone have any intrest in this, but OK.

First of all, Sven.

As a swede standing alone without a PL dream in my heart or at PL love of my own, Sven was the one who turned my attention towards the Eastlands. Call me a bandwagoner or whatever, but I came here alongside Sven.

Second of all, you guys.

BlueMoon forum made the difference. As a long time supporter of swedish ice hockey equivalent Skellefteå AIK, I immediately felt at home when I came here. A bunch of great guys and girls, who never gave up on their team whatever happened. A great sense of humour, combined with real love and affection.

So Thank you!, I guess. :)

TCIB said:
corky1970 said:
TCIB said:
Haha, save the best for last as they say Steph :)

do your not on your way then ?

fucking let down

The more i read this the more my head hurts xD
supporting the blues was fate, i am a season ticket holder and my mate and i travel to every match from plymouth so i think i deserve to be classed as a loyal city fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.