what medication are you on?

another generation said:
Nowt. Don't even like taking Paracetamol.

Last autumn, I was diagnosed as being bipolar. The diagnosis was based on a couple of questionnaires, asked by a couple of shrinks who had already decided into which pigeon-hole they wanted to place me. The doc was fully aware that I didn't want to go on to medication. After all, 'what harm would it do just to try it out'? Well, doc, why don't you be my guinea pig? To avoid any aggro, I took the prescription down to the chemist and exchanged it for something called Lamictal.

I'm glad I was brought up to read the small print. Lamotrigin is an anti-epilepsy medication. I opened up the A2-sized leaflet, only to see that the medication was likely to induce thoughts of suicide, especially in those who were predisposed to such thoughts. The good advice from the leaflet was to get in touch with the nearest doctor or hospital, should such thoughts occur.

Suffice to say, I haven't tried a single tablet. The packet still resides on the kitchen table, as a daily reminder to me that I can find other ways of staying afloat.
Well done! X

Rascal said:
stony said:
You want to cut that shit out mate and ask the doc about the miracle of Cyclosporin

Horrible horrible drug that is out of the dark ages now but sadly part of a dermatoligists regimen. You have to tried it to qualify for the new systemics that have come onto the scene in the last few years.

Cyclosporin blocked my kidneys. I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks and lost nearly 6 stone in weight because of the cunting things. I hate the drug with a passion.

Did they not do regular blood tests, ect. I've just started on it, and I'm clear of Eczema for the first time in over 20 years. Steroid creams have fucked my skin up over the years and oral steroids give me avascular necrosis in both hips so I had to have a double hip replacement in my early 30s.
I know it dampens your immune system and makes you more susceptible to all sorts of other shit, and I've been putting it off for years. I just got to the end of my fucking tether with it though so I thought I'd give it a go. So far it's working fine.

stony said:
Rascal said:
stony said:
You want to cut that shit out mate and ask the doc about the miracle of Cyclosporin

Horrible horrible drug that is out of the dark ages now but sadly part of a dermatoligists regimen. You have to tried it to qualify for the new systemics that have come onto the scene in the last few years.

Cyclosporin blocked my kidneys. I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks and lost nearly 6 stone in weight because of the **** things. I hate the drug with a passion.

Did they not do regular blood tests, ect. I've just started on it, and I'm clear of Eczema for the first time in over 20 years. Steroid creams have fucked my skin up over the years and oral steroids give me avascular necrosis in both hips so I had to have a double hip replacement in my early 30s.
I know it dampens your immune system and makes you more susceptible to all sorts of other shit, and I've been putting it off for years. I just got to the end of my fucking tether with it though so I thought I'd give it a go. So far it's working fine.

Skin problems are a curse mate as humans still cannot truly figure how to stop them especially Psorisis which is your immune system in overdrive, I still think its the reason I am rarely ill.
I complain about my psorisis but know I have it easy when compared to people but I always worry it will go in to overdrive at some point. Friend of mine has it big time and wont even leave the house now. Steroid creams for people with bad skin problems are never going to be the answer and it annoys me that doctors prescribe them. the red sea or very expensive laser treatment works but for how long? I hope it works out for you mate

If its really bad you could always as for biological treatment like remicade.

bananamilksheikh said:
I take:

Lithium -mood stabilizer
Quetiepine -anti-depressant
Mirtazapine -anti-depressant
Venlafaxine -anti-depressant
Zopiclone -sleeping tablet
Diazepam -anti-anxiety
Pregabalin -anti-anxiety

so yes I rattle around quite a bit
What on earth's that lot all about? I'm guessing bi-polar but christ alive surely you can't be taking that lot on a daily basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.