what medication are you on?

stony said:
Rascal said:
stony said:
You want to cut that shit out mate and ask the doc about the miracle of Cyclosporin

Horrible horrible drug that is out of the dark ages now but sadly part of a dermatoligists regimen. You have to tried it to qualify for the new systemics that have come onto the scene in the last few years.

Cyclosporin blocked my kidneys. I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks and lost nearly 6 stone in weight because of the **** things. I hate the drug with a passion.

Did they not do regular blood tests, ect. I've just started on it, and I'm clear of Eczema for the first time in over 20 years. Steroid creams have fucked my skin up over the years and oral steroids give me avascular necrosis in both hips so I had to have a double hip replacement in my early 30s.
I know it dampens your immune system and makes you more susceptible to all sorts of other shit, and I've been putting it off for years. I just got to the end of my fucking tether with it though so I thought I'd give it a go. So far it's working fine.

Yes regular blood tests are a must. When i first had cyclo in the early 90s and it was considered a wonder drug they tested me every week. I had bad side effects on it and like every drug your body becomes used to it. Cyclo was invented for people who had transplants and was used to dampen the immume system so rejection of the implant was less likely. They found out by fluke that it also helped skin conditions.

If it works for you mate, fantastic and any relief is an absolute bonus of course. That said we are all different and what works for some will not work for others and just make sure you are monitered on it especially for Blood Pressure as it can increase it substantially.

As for Steroid creams the problem is GPs dont understand them. They should be used for 2 weeks max and nowadays the stronger stuff they have like Dovabet is a fucking joke. It will thin your skin and maybe clear it for a while but steroid creams are addictive.

@Boyblue please dont ever se Doublebass for anything apart from washing in the shower as it is fucking crap stuff that will not help you mate at all.

A simple guide here on moisturisers is.

If its cold to touch throw it away, it has some sort of alcohol in it and alcohol dehydrates you. The best moisturerisers feel room temp, my fave is White soft parrafin as its natural and has no crap in it.

I'm on no medication.
I keep pretty healthy really but I know that is partly down to genes and good luck.
Need to go for B12 injections though apparently as I am very anaemic.

Rascal said:
stony said:
Rascal said:
Horrible horrible drug that is out of the dark ages now but sadly part of a dermatoligists regimen. You have to tried it to qualify for the new systemics that have come onto the scene in the last few years.

Cyclosporin blocked my kidneys. I ended up in hospital for 6 weeks and lost nearly 6 stone in weight because of the **** things. I hate the drug with a passion.

Did they not do regular blood tests, ect. I've just started on it, and I'm clear of Eczema for the first time in over 20 years. Steroid creams have fucked my skin up over the years and oral steroids give me avascular necrosis in both hips so I had to have a double hip replacement in my early 30s.
I know it dampens your immune system and makes you more susceptible to all sorts of other shit, and I've been putting it off for years. I just got to the end of my fucking tether with it though so I thought I'd give it a go. So far it's working fine.

Yes regular blood tests are a must. When i first had cyclo in the early 90s and it was considered a wonder drug they tested me every week. I had bad side effects on it and like every drug your body becomes used to it. Cyclo was invented for people who had transplants and was used to dampen the immume system so rejection of the implant was less likely. They found out by fluke that it also helped skin conditions.

If it works for you mate, fantastic and any relief is an absolute bonus of course. That said we are all different and what works for some will not work for others and just make sure you are monitered on it especially for Blood Pressure as it can increase it substantially.

As for Steroid creams the problem is GPs dont understand them. They should be used for 2 weeks max and nowadays the stronger stuff they have like Dovabet is a fucking joke. It will thin your skin and maybe clear it for a while but steroid creams are addictive.

@Boyblue please dont ever se Doublebass for anything apart from washing in the shower as it is fucking crap stuff that will not help you mate at all.

A simple guide here on moisturisers is.

If its cold to touch throw it away, it has some sort of alcohol in it and alcohol dehydrates you. The best moisturerisers feel room temp, my fave is White soft parrafin as its natural and has no crap in it.

Thank you Rascal, just looked doublebase has parrafin in, It has worked for me so far but if you could PM me something better I would be grateful. I have been lucky with my Psoriasis so far but always worry it will get worse, as its 95% on my knuckles and ankles I always worry about arthritis in them joints.

I know steroid creams are shit but they help me at the moment and mosturisers keep me going. Like I said my friend who wont leave the house bathes in olive oil and all sorts and unfortunatly there are too many people selling miracle cures on the internet. As you say though what works for someone does not always work from someone else.
Psoriasis is something I worry about every day especially when I cut myself at I know its coming there and there is nothing I can do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.