What one change could have most positive impact?

CatMan

It's that time of year when the transfer window is open, players are supposedly available, teams know what the season offers or potentially threatens with the right or wrong changes, whether they be player, managerial, tactical or collective attitude.

I like others glance at the transfer rumours, and am happy Bonny has arrived, however I don't for one moment see our lapse in form fixed by a signing.

I don't even think a dramatic change in Manager could be a fix, and simply put, who is better than what we have who is available?

For me what we need is a dramatic improvement in cohesive on field attitude and on field leadership. Now for me, this is the flaw in Vincent Kompany. Nice guy, great role model, but cannot drag his team by shear force of personality to places they don't want to go.

If only he had the terror of an Andy Morrison, Dave Watson or Mike Doyle, then I think we would not have got rolled over by Arsenal or Boro.

He's just too nice a guy and mostly almost mute to be on field captain, and therefore I believe the single change that could have the biggest impact on our performances is to consider making Zabaleta the on field captain, and to make it more effective consider playing him next to Kompany as a centre half or in front as our defensive midfielder.

As people have mentioned in other threads unless any injuries keep the same back fucking 5 together week in week out.

Find our best back 4 and stick with it. Yes, we have had injuries, but we mess about too much here. Players need to play together and become a unit.

We have conceded more than the filth, and their defence is truly shocking, laughable even!!! How is that even possible!!

We really need to stick with our best from now on, Zabba, Clichy, Kompany, Demichelis. Mangala needs time, and Kolarov, for me, is nowhere near good enough.

babyape said:
Find our best back 4 and stick with it. Yes, we have had injuries, but we mess about too much here. Players need to play together and become a unit.

We have conceded more than the filth, and their defence is truly shocking, laughable even!!! How is that even possible!!

We really need to stick with our best from now on, Zabba, Clichy, Kompany, Demichelis. Mangala needs time, and Kolarov, for me, is nowhere near good enough.

agreed, but when you say Mangala needs time, how will he learn/develop if we don't want to be chopping and changing our defence every other game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.