What one change could have most positive impact?

A fully fit Kun Aguero...

29ofuj9.jpg
ll

Stop playing a high defensive line, it leaves us far to exposed and encourages the back four to make rash decisions and dive in. Also i agree a settled back four would be a huge bonus.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
City1974 said:
A couple of players in the summer who can add pace to our attacks.

We lack a dynamic when going forward. Slow Slow tappy tappy slow needs some pace injection at times.

Fact is we had that last season we had Navas. This season we've got 'Navas'. Now a lot of cobblers has been talked about him, and I think he's taken an absurd amount of slagging off on this forum, but I do have this criticism. I don't know if he's been actually told to do this, or what, but how many times this season have we seen Navas set out on one of those pacy runs, only to stop, check back, and very often pass the ball inside or even backwards? I can't understand it. He's quick — very quick. It's simple. All I want him to do is what he was good at last season. He goes down the outside of his man, and doesn't faff about, he whips those balls in, varying high crosses with low balls across the face of goal, and waits for havoc to happen.
Otherwise, this. Faster break, don't check back until you get to the byline, then you can pull it back for those who have caught up. You will draw some people out of position as they come to you, so will create our own opportunities just by going for it with what's on.

MaineRoadBlue said:
For me what we need is a dramatic improvement in cohesive on field attitude and on field leadership. Now for me, this is the flaw in Vincent Kompany. Nice guy, great role model, but cannot drag his team by shear force of personality to places they don't want to go.

If only he had the terror of an Andy Morrison, Dave Watson or Mike Doyle, then I think we would not have got rolled over by Arsenal or Boro.

He's just too nice a guy and mostly almost mute to be on field captain, and therefore I believe the single change that could have the biggest impact on our performances is to consider making Zabaleta the on field captain, and to make it more effective consider playing him next to Kompany as a centre half or in front as our defensive midfielder.

Bump, and yes, this is still IMHO the biggest impact one change could make. We need a bloody captain on that pitch. I would have Zabba or even James Milner. For years Barca found a place for Puyol, just for no reason other than his ability to lead, inspire or even drag his team mates to places they didn't want to go to or couldn't get to themselves!

Serious question now; Who would inspire you to dig deeper, Kompany or the man he replaced as captain Tevez?

No brainer of course, and with that alone Q.E.D.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.