What pub are you most looking forward to visiting when the world is back to normal?

FFS I hope the Lower Turk's Head is revived. It shut once before for a few years but came back stronger. It's one of the oldest pub sites in Manchester and is always busy. It's a great venue for watching TV matches and listening to Northern Soul. It is also huge for boxing fans going to the Arena.
This would be a major loss to our city centre.
Certainly would. great in there on a Sunday.

I've hammered that jukebox over the years. Gone to the LTH a few times over the last few years and hope what's been written about it closing isn't true. For me living on Great Ancoats Street it's difficult to get away from The Castle/Gullivers/The Freemount, The Corner Boy only round the corner too which although expensive is probably the best Guinness in town. I've not been in The Crown & Kettle since the refurb but apparently it's lost a lot of it's charm.
You are right about the Guinness in the Corner Boy. The best thing about moving from Maine Road was all the brilliant NQ pubs within walking distance of the Etihad. It must be a fantastic trip for away fans. I hope we can get back to the full matchday experience asap.

I've hammered that jukebox over the years. Gone to the LTH a few times over the last few years and hope what's been written about it closing isn't true. For me living on Great Ancoats Street it's difficult to get away from The Castle/Gullivers/The Freemount, The Corner Boy only round the corner too which although expensive is probably the best Guinness in town. I've not been in The Crown & Kettle since the refurb but apparently it's lost a lot of it's charm.
Crown and kettle looks awful on the pictures I've seen unfortunately.

Coal & Cotton, Boothstown, Worsley.
Is that new or just a new name?
My memory is going but l remember one on the main road, one in the side road opposite rarely visited where we went for the pub quiz. The Greyhound? Then there was a new build called the Moorings l think.
'Tyrone' from Coronation Street used to go in the latter two on the fruit machines avoiding human contact. Sometimes wore a rag shirt so it was perhaps more a case of humans avoiding him.
I did like the Top Chippy, not had chips for a longer time than a pint.

You are right about the Guinness in the Corner Boy. The best thing about moving from Maine Road was all the brilliant NQ pubs within walking distance of the Etihad. It must be a fantastic trip for away fans. I hope we can get back to the full matchday experience asap.

I can only think of a handful of times where I've seen away fans milling about the NQ you know. Think most that come in to Piccadilly tend to go to that angin Weatherspoons or the Yates' on Portland Street. I've got a mate who's a Chelsea fan from Stoke who works on Brewer Street, so he's well versed in the bars and I know he takes his mates to The Millstone of all places.

Got stuck in there on the way to a fancy wedding near jodrell bank. was 4 hours late. Great spot for watching the, er, world go by. not a patch on the old Bonapartes though.
Hahahah isn't it just! We worked opposite before covid so were in all the time. Friday afternoons/evenings we'd just face our chairs onto the piccadilly ramp like tennis judges watching everyone go past. The booze and variety of it is great, the music good and the bar staff friendly. I love the place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.