What punishment should Liverpool get from UEFA

Still no decision on whether there will be a coach welcoming for the Roma coach.

Putting everything aside, they must be f***ing mad to even contemplate such a thing.

As soon as the draw was made, all parties should have announced there would be no more coach welcomings.

Roma (Ultra) fans aren't City fans. If the Roma coach is also attacked, there will be a high price to pay by those Liverpool fans going to Rome.

But I get the impression like many, FSG, LFC, LCC, and to an extent Merseyside Police, are all paralysed with fear when it comes to dealing with and saying no to Liverpool fans.

I thought Id read somewhere that the decision would be made after the final? Maybe Im remembering that wrong.

Exactly this. UEFA doing nothing sends completely the wrong signal to all extremist fans, especially getting to the business end of the competition.
The Liverpool name is synonymous with crowd trouble, that stigma will follow them always.
If their fans do the same thing against the Roma team bus, only a severe ban will stop these dicks in their tracks.
What is so insulting to football is the Liverpool club, police and fans contrition in what happened to the city team bus. They are serious scum, the whole society perched up there at the end of the East lands road.

UEFA cannot be seen to punish a CL semi-final team before both legs are played.

It's dreadful PR for a UEFA and the CL.

As everyone has been saying, UEFA have brushed this under their UEFA carpet until after the CL competition ends.

Then they can deal with the matter. The only awkward problem being, if Liverpool win the CL.

Expect nothing more than another warning and a token fine from UEFA.

LFC will blame a minority of Liverpool's support, and will say they marshalled the event with their Stewards, with the cooperation of Merseyside Police, and to the best of their ability. I.E., a redwash.

Our team went through a riot which, in any other country, would have been dispersed by riot police, baton charges and tear gas but which was accepted as "what has to be expected when you play Liverpool". An hour later the team had to play a top level football match, the first leg of a two legged tie. The tie was decided in the first half hour of that first match but it must not be argued that the attack on the coach had any bearing at all on the result. Anyone who believes that wants their bumps examining. The only sanction is to expel Liverpool from the tournament, at least for this season and preferably until that club can control its support rather than encouraging its barbarian ways. Yet again UEFA has failed football.
Agree 100%.

I was at the match, and headed down to see the coach welcome. Incredibly, there were tannoy announcements asking fans to behave. When you see and hear the number of missiles that hit our bus, you must bear in mind that a huge number of missiles missed their target. So there were far more missiles hurled at the City bus than the videos actually relay.

The missiles that missed landed in the crowd on the opposite side of the road. It was just totally reckless. Myself and my wife had earlier paid our respects at the Hillsborough Memorial, which is always a sad experience. To then witness the disgusting behaviour of so many Liverpool fans was vomit inducing.

If the same happens to the Italian bus or fans, the retaliation in Rome will be horrendous. That we're even talking in those terms shows that the correct punishment for Liverpool is a ban.

Our coach driver wasn't too far off the mark - the shittiest, most dangerous fans in England, and the punishment should reflect that sad fact.

Play all group games behind closed doors next season. And enjoy listening to commentators trying to air brush for the world wide masses watching why it's happening......"heavy handed UEFA etc, etc. Some harmless over exuberance etc , etc. " LOL

Or better still exclude them for a decade from all football......

Does anyone know what punishment West Ham received for similar incidents before they played united? It’s a different governing body but there should be a degree of consistency. I don’t remember them being severely punished

Does anyone know what punishment West Ham received for similar incidents before they played united? It’s a different governing body but there should be a degree of consistency. I don’t remember them being severely punished
That was a spontaneous attack because the utd coach was late not pre-meditated and endorsed by the club and the police.

Can you imagine the abuse we would get if this was the other way round, Liverpool should never have been allowed back in Europe in my opinion.
The last time this culminated in a lot of fans being killed and all English clubs getting a lengthy ban from Europe.
Are we waiting for a similar incident to act as if you let these scumbags get away with their behaviour that's the way we're heading.

uefa's punishment will be handed to liverpool by giving them a chance to win the trophy and manchester city the victims was getting kicked out by the blind and bent uefa officials

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.