What season was your first game?

1973 at West Ham 2-1 loss. My Uncle Oz (RIP) took me. I reapid the favour by taking Oz's grandson to see City play at Reading a couple of years ago when he was over form Australia - his first "soccer game". We lost 1-0.

Think it was 67 or 68. Lost 2 - 1 at west ham. Clyde Best and Harry twitcher Redknapp for them and Francis Lee for us. If memory serves me right but it was a long time ago. Score right, Scorers right ????

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
becomingparanoid said:
1959 I was ten and went with three mates and twin. The good old days when ten year olds could get on a bus to town walk across town to Aytoun street for the football specials and go to matches without being in danger. I haven't a clue what game but it must have been good I have been going ever since.

1956 Blackpool. Dave Ewing was man of the Match according to Steve Bruce's grandad. I was nine. You could get a bus into town, a footy special, footy special back to Piccadilly, bus home, programme and in for two bob.

Times have changed but some things never do. I have a ST in the North Stand roughly in the same place as I used to stand as a kid near the score board. I wish it was still 2 bob for the day. I feel now like I did then, full of hope and buzzing, it's taken a long time to get that feeling back.

I think my first game was in 81, so i must of been 7. Dont remember a thing other than having a numb arse because
my dad sat me on the barrier in the kippax.
Oh, and the crowd signing 'whooaaaaaa tommy tommy.....tommy hutchison'

strange what you remember as a kid...
Not sure what game it was, and my old man has passed on so I'll never know now..pah!

Important thing is....once a blue, always a blue.

Early 1970 in the 69/70 season, Derby at home. I was 8, we lost 1-0, should have known then! To this day, whenever I smell cigar smoke, it reminds me of that day. Also remember a complete stranger putting me on his shoulders for the entire first half as we stood in the Kippax. He went for a pee at half time and never came back - I must have been heavier than he thought. Nice of him to do it at all. Loved the day, despite the defeat.

Think it was about 1980. I am told i was four anyway. Remember staring over at the kippax at all the singing and bein amazed. Kind of remember joe corrigan turning the other way when we had a penalty. Maybe that was a later memory though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.