What season was your first game?

1991 Portadown 0 City 1 in a break after being put out of the FA Cup by Middlesboro. Met Quinny, David White, Peter Reid, Keith Curle and Mike Sheron on the pitch beforehand, maybe a little bit old for autographs but never mind.

My first game at Maine Road was a 2-2 draw with Forest the year after. Pearce equalised with a free kick late in the game. I was 15 or 16 but foolishly didn't stand on the Kippax and never got the chance to again. I moved to Manchester four or five years later for college and never went home.

charliebigspuds said:
my first game was in the 74-75 season but my first proper memory was the 77-78 season especially the boxing day win vrs Newcastle.

Now that was when I was 18-19 years old, loads of money (living at home) and foot loose and fancy free. Happy days!! "We'll drink a drink a drink to Colin The King......." Fantastic day!!

bluestevei said:
manclad said:
We got beat by Bolton in the League Cup at Burnden in 1971.(I know the date cos I was still at school and I left school in 1972).
Absolute mayhem around the ground and near Bolton train station after the game.

so my first game was bolton away and we lost 3-0 and a city fan scored a hatrick

Just been checking on that game Stevei,and the hat trick was scored by a player called G. Jones.
I have never heard of him,how do you know he was a City fan??

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
charliebigspuds said:
my first game was in the 74-75 season but my first proper memory was the 77-78 season especially the boxing day win vrs Newcastle.

Now that was when I was 18-19 years old, loads of money (living at home) and foot loose and fancy free. Happy days!! "We'll drink a drink a drink to Colin The King......." Fantastic day!!
Yeh, must admit i was born in '71 and spent a lot of time being told about this bloke called Colin Bell, i will admit i didn't think he was that good when i saw him, but i was 6 years old!

98/99 i think it was, the one when we were in 2nd division. All I remember was we lost 1-0 to Reading and Danny Tiatto got a straight red about 20 mins into the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.