What should the national anthem be for the England team ?

Re: What should the national anthem be for the England team

Shaggy said:
Land Of Hope & Glory,

Jerusalem can go fuck itself, insipid dull load of rusty arse water, its up there with god save the cow for fucking dull uninspiring shitness

Thanks Shaggy, you have said almost word for word what I was going to. Feckin hate our national homage to the queen. It's dull and every lyric is at best degrading and at worst insulting.

Was going to say Jerusalem; but for the first time I'm finding it a bit of a durge at the Commonwealth Games (maybe because it's overplayed). Abide With Me is always rousing though.

Were shit and its city's fault
were shit and its city's fault

for me land of hope and glory, we can but dream, as an england cricket fan who sings jerusalem, if our footballers can't sing a simple song like god save our queen they haven't got a cat in hells chance of singing jerusalem ! surprised at jerusalem being the anthem at the commonwealth games as i thought might offend a few muslims and as for the violence in the 2nd verse surprised 40year old elf & safety allows it !

Jerusalem is so much better. I found myself joining it during the commonwealth games medal ceremony. Have never done that with GSTQ.

If Scottish independence means the end of GSTQ, then I'd be happy to wave them tatty bye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.