What Song Gives You The Summer Vibe

Brilliant, Weller still rocks it, Blue best mate saw him as part of the “Raise the roof” charity gig at the Albert Hall (London) last Wednesday, Cancer charity gig close to his heart as he's had incurable Prostate for over 8 years. He loved it.

Going back to the Style Council, I think the melancholy contrast to The Jam indicates what a genius Paul Weller was to our Generation growing up. The angst of youth under Thatcher but the acceptance of a more chilled out life as family and friends become more important, saddens me what’s happening world wide.
As a kid I was gobsmacked when it seemed every Jam release entered the charts at No.1. As I grew up I noted what a loyal following the band had. 2nd hand record shops I went in always had a section labelled " The Jam ,Siouxsie,,New Wave" ....never brought a Jam album in my life but so many singles which were full of energy.none more so than,Imo Start! What a track!...I can remember partying in Manchester after we won the league under Mancini..in a pub with a dj and he put Start! on..
A brilliant moment never to be forgotten..

The last single release choice Beat Surrender heralded the end of an era which ,being too young I was only really aware of on the periphery..but it still felt special in some way,and Beat S was an ideal way to go out.
Then came the SC..the music press was full of comments ..it's not the same weller has sold out etc..for me it was a brilliant change and the quality of the tracks just added to the great man reputation.lets not forget his involvement in Tracie THTJB and The Question The price you pay..decent

I didn't see J or SC live,but once I started going City regular a very good mate over the years was a big Weller fan and we went to see him solo at the Apollo, Sheffield etc.
Everyone should get their bit of Weller,and I, finally got mine,lol.
Glad to hear he is still doing the business...must look up some dates.

418Q4E3FX0L._SY580_.jpg
This song always lifts my mood no matter what the season. You can't help singing along to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.