What to do at the weekend when there is no footy?

Great idea by a mate of mine, he wants companies to use it as a virtual A board - currently getting companies in and around Manchester to advertise on it. It will show closest companies to your location, also you can search for items, things to do. Only been up and running for about 3 - 4 months but lot of interest from breweries.

They are hoping to get a TV advert soon, to gain exposure
I cant get it to work, the product comes up but you cant click anything to get mote info??
People will soon get pissed off with that, i did

No it's not a myth. In certain parts of Wales Welsh turn their backs when they hear an English accent. It first happened to me when I was in a cafe in Bala. It's happened in pubs in North to mid Wales, never in South as most can't speak Welsh. I saw a Welsh girl from Dolgellau for a couple of months. She wouldn't introduce me to her brothers as she said they hated the English and they'd be nastly to me.

I think it's a tribal kind of thing peofrey. That said, I've met some lovely warm hearted welsh people, so I won't tar all the Welsh with the same racist brush mate as the inbred knuckle draggers.

Bala is a hot bed for that, fortunately it's a place you go through, not to. The locals in Dolgellau are alright, having said that it's the very old school can be a bit Welsh nationalist. We've been here 5 years and it took the fact that my mum's been here 30 years and well known to get our foot in the door so to speak.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.