What? Trade Caicedo?

Didsbury Dave said:
He's dead wood. Obviously we will be stregthening the forward both now and in summer. He's not up to the mark and could hold back kids coming through.

Benjani, Vassell and Bojinov can go for me too . And possibly Evans.

WHAT?

Isn't he only 18/19? He's good for his age and I think he's done good for us. Give him time and a chance.

Get rid of Benjani, Evans (loan?) and Vassell and hold onto Sturridge, Boj and Caicedo.

Didsbury Dave said:

Not Boj, Im banking on him to finally get the chance to fullfill his desire to repay the club and fans for the support he's had, he mentions it in a lot of his interviews and based on nothing but gut feeling I think that he could be our Horsehead, repay the faith by coming back still strong and fitting right in with the stars to become a regular achieving his potential and loving the club. Im banking on a Roy Race type story for this kid, silly I know but Id love to see him at least given a shot.

I agree. I watched the Milan V City game and he was so good in that game. He has an eye for goal, big and strong and can head the ball. Can't wait to see him play some games for us.

Monkey Boy Blue said:
Caicedo's really been starting to show some ability lately. I'd be loathe to get rid unless it's absoulutely necessary in order to sign a real superstar

Plenty of dross we could offload first.

Agreed - just imagine if we got shot of him and he turned out to be the new Drogba (in terms of ability not temperament)... If anything a big powerful striker in the Drogba mould is exactly what we could do with at the moment. I actually think he'd do quite well paired with Bellamy who has a good poachers instinct. Think about it if Big Phil wallops it on target there will be a good chance of a rebound because he can hit it HARD... and Bellamy is just the sought of player likely to be lurking on the 6 yard box to cheekily chip it in.

Benjani and Vass have had it IMO, I would like to see Ched loaned rather than sold ideally and I think Sturridge, and to a lesser extent Caicedo, are good prospects for the future who we should hang on to at all costs.... after all it's not like we need to save money on wages.

Didsbury Dave said:
He's dead wood. Obviously we will be stregthening the forward both now and in summer. He's not up to the mark and could hold back kids coming through.

Not one bit impressed with your post, how can you let Bojinov go we will have waited for two years to see if he is any good (which i for one belive he is ) but you want to sell him before he even gets himself fit. Shame on you!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.