What was the best looking fighter and bomber of WW2?

Shirley the most versatile plane ever was the Mosquito. It was used for, amongst other roles, unarmed camera platform, fighter, u-boat and surface boat Hunter, bomber, target marker/path finder, tank buster, SOE operative transport. It was fitted with a wide range of guns and bombs (Not all at the same time). It was fast, agile and good looking. It was relatively easy to make being made from wood using existing work skills avaliable at the time. Unfortunatly a little over looked now as there are only very few flying examples left. A great plane with a great history.

Have you been on TV with your Vulcan restoring mates? I've seen a few shows about it.

I largely managed to avoid all that by the skin of my teeth. Though I did get collared for the occasional few words at a few of the shows. My domain was getting people to part with money at various levels. I was lucky enough over the years to strike a few good blows for the cause . For some reason driving the van full of merchandise to the shows was seen to be a poison chalice so more often than not I did it. So most shows I would be found lurking round our marquee looking for people from which dosh could be extracted.

It was a great privilege to be involved from start to finish, to be part of something that brought so much joy to such a lot of people, and of course to be working alongside some incredible people.

Fucking love em!

Would be terrifying if you were on the ground in a tank knowing that was circling round above. The pilot sits in an armoured bath tub that protects from ground fire and the engines located externally so if anything heat seeking goes up in the air it minimises the damage to the fuselage. It’s a flying mini gun with some hellfire missiles strapped to it, lovely plane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.