What was the first City match after you were born?

I had just turned 8, my old man wouldn't take me before then as he was a regular

20220324_121254.jpg

3 days after I was born we played Newcastle in a FA Cup 4th round tie and drew 0-0. It was 25th January 1969 and obviously we won the replay and went on to lift the cup.
Looking at that season it appears we didn't play a single league game between 18th January and the 4th of March which seems a bit odd. Can anyone of an older vintage shed some light on this?

On my birthday in 61 we played luton away , we won 1-3

Luton is my older brothers team , guess he was too busy to be excited about his little sister being born !

Using the wonderful new section on Bluemoon, you can look up what the first City match was after you were born.

So what's yours?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Seasons.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... asons.aspx</a>

I don't often start threads, thought of this one when i was looking for the first home prog after my sister was born (as a bday presie).
So i then looked up my own thinking it'd be good to frame it...
Til i found it was this one -
21dec1974.jpg

Don't really want to frame a weird drawing of Tony and Rodney trying to kill Swales by dropping the fa cup and league on his head, or are they hoping to hit him with the cracker ;)
(Or would the comb over break the impact?!)

The first match we played after i was born was
21/12/1974 - wolves in the league, an exciting 0-0!

I guess i was the curse ;)

(First goal scored after i was born was by Colin on boxing day 74)

(edit to write the match easier to read like the poster below!)

Manchester City vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Division One (Old)
Sat 21 December 1974.

Score: D 0-0

Attendance: 29326
On a tangent I was born on the most famous night in the history of Dundee FC. My dad missed the birth

3 days after I was born we lost 8-1 away to Wolves & we didnt get a win for the next 5 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.