What was the first City match after you were born?

1-1 draw at Klanfield the day after I was born, Sir Francis of Lee with our goal. An important point on our journey to become champions

I remember thinking at the time, it would be nice to sign Ken Grieves. Outstanding cricketer for Lancs, played for Bolton, Stockport, Bury and Wigan. Sadly, we did not get his signature.
I remember Ken Grieves captaining Lancashire in the early 1960s. I can’t see that he would have got many games with Bert Trautmann, who was one year older than Ken, ahead of him in the pecking order throughout the 1950s

We beat Barnsley 5-1 the day I was born just before Christmas 1946. My Ma left Maine Rd with 20 minutes to go to catch the bus to the hospital,( the old excuse).

I remember thinking at the time, it would be nice to sign Ken Grieves. Outstanding cricketer for Lancs, played for Bolton, Stockport, Bury and Wigan. Sadly, we did not get his signature.
I'd have loved to see Jack Simmons turn out for City. Perhaps at full back, or maybe manning the pie shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.