what was the first

sir malcom

ever game you watched on tv.mine was france v italy in argentina 1978,i think thats when the football bug got a grip of me properley,i used to run into m/r at three quarter time ,not knowing what was going on.

probably loads when i was a kid but the first game i can actually remember is city v west ham in the cup. i think kinky scored. i had already been going to city but i dont really remember cos i was only young.

First game I remember watching is rushing home from primary school to see England - Romania in Euro 96. Judging by how desperate we all were to catch the game, I'd imagine I'd watched tons of games by that point but I really don't remember any others earlier.

I will have watched plenty on ITV when it was "The Big Match". Division 1 games live on a Sun afternoon.

But the first one I vividly remember is Belgium in Italia 90, only for when Platt scored in the last min of extra time. I remember being really nervous and my dad kept saying they would win on pens.

I would have been 10.

Jeez, this thread's full o' kids - remember, yer win nowt wi'kids. Mine was 1955, FA Cup Final Barcodes and whore (av a spelt this right?) Jackie Milburn 3 MCFC 1. For those familiar with the well-known phrase and sayin' - I've never looked back - doesn't apply here! I've always looked back to that match and thought 'You bastard Milburn' (God rest the old sod) - first minute of the first meaningful game I was aware of MCFC and we were one down! It was allegorical for a lifetime's toil, philosophising what might have been had that goal hit a post.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Jeez, this thread's full o' kids - remember, yer win nowt wi'kids. Mine was 1955, FA Cup Final Barcodes and whore (av a spelt this right?) Jackie Milburn 3 MCFC 1. For those familiar with the well-known phrase and sayin' - I've never looked back - doesn't apply here! I've always looked back to that match and thought 'You bastard Milburn' (God rest the old sod) - first minute of the first meaningful game I was aware of MCFC and we were one down! It was allegorical for a lifetime's toil, philosophising what might have been had that goal hit a post.

I was waiting for you to post so I didn't look like the oldest git on here! ;-)

1961 FA Cup Final, Spurs 2 Leicester City 0. no subs in those days and Leicester went down to 10 men early on through injury. Spurs clinched the first League and Cup double of the 20th Century.

First game I can properly remember was May 1977 FA Cup Final, Utd V L'pool. Remember the European Cup final a few days later and the Scots ripping up Wembley the following Saturday.

I was 5 years and 11 months.

A year earlier, I'd have remembered City winning the League Cup & Soton beating Utd, but life's not like that :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.