What was the last vinyl record you bought?

5 years between the posts but you're consistent.
You missed my mistake. That Police album was the last new vinyl record I bought new, not the first, but, yeah, it's the truth.

I haven't listened to vinyl records for decades, and I haven't listened to a CD for years either, but I was chatting to a guy I know who made a bit of a name for himself in music back in the day. He bought an old record player, rigged it up, and played some vinyl records to his daughter, who had never seen them before, let alone heard them. He said it blew her away.

Maybe I should plug in my old Marantz system and give it a go. All I need is a stylus. I've no idea why or how it went missing, but it is.

Will I be disappointed? I don't know, but dusting them off, placing the needle, and having to do the same again 15 minutes later doesn't have much appeal. The great thing about albums and their covers was you could see the artwork in detail, and everybody made joints on them. No one ever made a reefer on a plastic CD case.

No one ever made a reefer on a plastic CD case.
Uhhh, sure. Definitely didn't happen on a regular basis in cars throughout the 90s. What happened was everyone took their favourite LP with them, whipped out the vinyl, played it on the in-car radiogram turntable, whilst skinning up on the cover.

Stone roses, stone roses numbered double LP from a car boot bout 10 years ago think it cost me a fiver.

1606752052747.jpeg
Cheap Trick in the spring was my last one, have a few on my list,new Blue Oyster Cult, Black Stone Cherry, Deep Purple, AC/DC albums but will wait and see which one I get for Christmas first.
I just stream off itunes and buy some vinyl now. My cd buying days are over.

Bought in 1988, 20 Years of Jethro Tull the definitive collection, 5 LPs 65 tracks, I've only ever played the first LP, I sold my record player when I moved over to Florida for a few years and never bought another player when I returned to Blighty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.