What was your all time plot loss moment watching City, good or bad?

for me its the 1999 play off final 2.0 down sat in my seat at wembley and my big brother trying to drag me up out of the seat and saying let's go were done here well i could not move the thought of going back to manchester with them scummy c*nts having done the treble was a stage to far for me i was not leaving wembley they would have to drag me out of this dump the feeling deep in my body was enough is enough the hurt was like nothing else

head down that feeling when you know its over and this time it was really over all the memories start to flash back is this the manchester city that took my heart back in the days when we was a good team mid 1970s the sun always shines on maine road the crowds the kippax sea and the wave of fans moving across the stand even the dark days of the 1980s we had some joy with the promotions back to the top league and we always made relegation a city on tour the best times in football was city on tour and the plastic banana's the whole of the football world wanted what manchester city had we put the fun back into football

the thing i remember most of the 1999 play of final was city first goal its typical city they have to twist the knife they was not happy just to finish you off they had to leave a mark our kid said we scored i was still in shock head down in my own world the next thing the crowd give out this big roar that woke me from my sleep 5 MIN i INJURY TIME shouts our kid i can still hear the roar of the injury time board showing it was like getting your 2nd wind you knew something special was going to happen

Blackburn away, may have been the same day as the Hillsborough tragedy and we played a big, raw youngster at right back. Gerry Taggert had a stinker because he was woefully out of position and nervous. The pivotal moment came when he had the ball at his feet, rigjt back position with time and space. He tried to use his much favoured left foot to curve a pass down the line with the outside of his foot and succeeded in twatting it straight into that shit stand, the one where you can walk along the pitch. I nearly fucking wept at how bad it was and how bad the manager must be to expose him, cant recall who was in charge but its the only thing i remember from the match, i can still see some blackburn fans laughing. As per usual he went on to have decent career at another club.

Remember that well think Garner scored a hat trick for them , and i was listening to the Hillsborough events on the way home on the radio when stuck in traffic on Livesey Branch Road , it put everything into perspective , we were dire, but it made me realise it was only football.

Remember that well think Garner scored a hat trick for them , and i was listening to the Hillsborough events on the way home on the radio when stuck in traffic on Livesey Branch Road , it put everything into perspective , we were dire, but it made me realise it was only football.
Agreed. Went from utter bewilderment at the city performance to complete shock and sadness when news of the deaths started coming through.

Blackburn away, may have been the same day as the Hillsborough tragedy and we played a big, raw youngster at right back. Gerry Taggert had a stinker because he was woefully out of position and nervous. The pivotal moment came when he had the ball at his feet, rigjt back position with time and space. He tried to use his much favoured left foot to curve a pass down the line with the outside of his foot and succeeded in twatting it straight into that shit stand, the one where you can walk along the pitch. I nearly fucking wept at how bad it was and how bad the manager must be to expose him, cant recall who was in charge but its the only thing i remember from the match, i can still see some blackburn fans laughing. As per usual he went on to have decent career at another club.

That was my first away match, it was indeed that day if I remember correctly, I was also lifted out of the stadium on the back of police horse. I was being squashed on the way out, my dad had to pick me up above his head and I was placed on the horse.....

on the minibus home i believe it started to filter through about the tragedy, was extremely eerie!!

Either 0-3 at home v Forest in the FA Cup when I vowed never again or the Wembley final v Wigan. The latter saw some absolute toilets masquerading as Blues.

My City watching nadir and zenith occurred within 8 minutes of each other. I’d never been more depressed in my life than when Fat Bob put Gillingham 2-0 up at Wembley. It felt like there was no escape, that it would never be “our turn”, just merciless oblivion and kicks in the teeth forever and ever. I just sat there on my shitty backless seat with my head in my hands, too depressed to even get up and leave. When Paul Dickov scored it was by contrast the single biggest Adrenalin rush I’ve known to this day. Just screaming “yes, yes, yes” over and over again. Even Sergio couldn’t match it. Like everyone else I left that game utterly fucking drained.

The closest I came to matching Gillingham in terms of anger and depression was possibly that FA Cup QF defeat at home to Spurs. Mike Sheron actually put us in front, but thereafter it was a fucking car crash. I was angry at myself that day for allowing myself to hope. I should have known better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.